Not bothered 5

10.64 %
Wait and see for a while 4

8.51 %
No Stay put 7

14.89 %

47 Votes

You have not voted yet

Second attempt with the left out answer now added (Sm141)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2019 00:49 by Faithful_City.

Re: Poll: View From the 22 -
Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2019 18:14

Lindsay, thanks very much for the amended format.

Initially I was in favour of staying with SN, but what I’ve seen of VFT22 has persuaded me to vote in favour of a move. I’d much prefer to see a consensus amongst the regular posters here, and a decision to move, rather than split activity as in the days when we had an offie forum.

The issue that sells VFT22 to me is the ease of switching between all clubs, including the external ones, something unavailable elsewhere, and the availability of search, something I’ve missed on here since it stopped working.

I’d encourage others to at least have a look, and note that as well as Glaws (Shedweb) both Quins and Sale boards are now essentially inactive on SN.

Tigers and Irish are also looking at this issue actively.

[forum.viewfromthe22.com]

Posted by: Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 08:13

Will leave this open for a week and then see how the land lies.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 08:25

My suggestion is for people to use VFT22 and test it out for themselves for several weeks

Search, send PM's, move around from club to club, bookmark, follow, add links to web pages/images, import images/files.

It is different and will feel a little exciting but before we all move, which could kill off SN - no move back.

Give it a work out. I have gone on there and i certainly like several aspects but there are others i don't like. Usually there is only me or at the most 3 people on there, how will it cope when there are over 100 at the same time reading and posting. How will it cope when the database has mIllion's of postings/threads.

It needs to be used in anger to test it out.

JP

Date: 24 July, 2019 08:50

You will have to log in every day to do anything on the site it does not remember you more than 23hrs 59mins.

Its a pain but not a show stopper for me.

JP

Date: 24 July, 2019 09:09

If I understand you correctly JP, you’re saying that the “keep me logged in” setting will expire after 23hrs 59mins?

I registered and first logged in 20/07, (safari on iPad) clicked the “Keep me logged in” button, and bookmarked it, and have not had to re-log in at all since. But I’ve probably not left a gap of 23/59 between uses.

I’ve now just logged in on iPhone (not that I’ll usually use the phone to browse) for the first time, obviously wasn't logged in, and only had to use the touch i/d fingerprint to get in. (Apple keychain provided the login and password), and now I’ll close that tab on the phone, and not try again until 24hrs have passed.

Will report back on that issue.

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 09:17

I'm not sure the 23h 59m is correct as I've been logged in for weeks now on both my phone and laptop without logging back in, might be a setting on your phone?

Date: 24 July, 2019 09:36

It was on my phone, ipad, my wife's iPad my iMac, they all logged me out and had to login each morning or the first time i use the site.

JP

Date: 24 July, 2019 09:45

I wonder if it’s an Apple keychain/settings thing?

Those of us who prefer Apple sometimes say ‘it just works”, but It does so in its’ own, sometime mysterious, fashion.

Date: 24 July, 2019 10:04

No because other sites I go to they remember me and automatically log me in including SN

It is definitely site specific.

TT do you have any problems have you had to re-log in at any time.

Once I have logged in if I switch off or reboot before 23:59GMT it remembers me. If I don’t log out and just move away or close internet and come back at 00:01GMT i have to log back in on all my hardware.

Posted by: A38 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 10:10

First failure: I have managed a duplicate post on Vft22!

But I too had to re-log in having registered yesterday.

Date: 24 July, 2019 10:42

Quote:
Faithful_City
No because other sites I go to they remember me and automatically log me in including SN
It is definitely site specific.

TT do you have any problems have you had to re-log in at any time.

Once I have logged in if I switch off or reboot before 23:59GMT it remembers me. If I don’t log out and just move away or close internet and come back at 00:01GMT i have to log back in on all my hardware.

No re-logons needed up to current time.

Maybe I misunderstood your first comment.

I took it that the re-logon was needed after a delay of 23:59 hrs, but now it reads as though it’s an “after-midnight” calendar event.

Date: 24 July, 2019 10:53

Yep that's the one Ted

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 10:58

Not too sure then, it's set to never expire and it only seems to be an issue on Apple devices?

Date: 24 July, 2019 11:39

Quote:
23Shark
Not too sure then, it's set to never expire and it only seems to be an issue on Apple devices?

Not on mine so far. (iPad /Mac anyway.)

All cloud settings active, not that I see why that should have anything to do with anything.

Phone will be tested tomorrow 09:15ish.

Posted by: MikeGC (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 14:25

Quote:
Faithful_City
You will have to log in every day to do anything on the site it does not remember you more than 23hrs 59mins.
Its a pain but not a show stopper for me.

JP

This isn't my experience.
Currently logged on at my work PC. I logged on here on the day Andy signed me into the Sale page and haven't had to log in again since (at least a few weeks).
Similarly, I joined at home on my iPad weeks ago and haven't had to re-log in.

I wonder whether it's something odd in "settings"

Date: 24 July, 2019 16:46

I do use an add blocker and anti-virus software.

However i do not have thes logon problems with any other site, so i will put it down to the way phpbb remember you.

JP

Posted by: Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 20:22

From what others are reporting JP, it doesn't seem like it's a phpbb/VFT22 issue, but your end. Is there something in Apple security settings similar to some browsers, where you only stay logged in to "trusted" sites and if you don't designate a site as trusted it logs you out? I don't know anything about Apple OS so I'm only guessing.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2019 21:59

I have been logged in and remained logged in for a couple of weeks on Android phone, Android tablet and Macbbok Pro. Android devices using Adblocker browser, MacBook using Chrome with Ad block extension

Date: 24 July, 2019 22:24

If that is the case BB then it is not user friendly, I do not have this problem with any other site and I can assure you i go to many many sites.

JP

Current Page: 1 of 6
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net