Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Wow!!!
Posted by: kiddykid (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 11:52

So, Sarries are to be relegated and It is almost certain. that the Falcons will replace them. Life in the Prem goes on.
However, life in the Championship will be very different. Any hope of winning the league and going up will be dashed for everyone as it will be a one horse race. All the other teams can have their ‘cup final’ day when Sarries come calling and make some money from them, and look forward to a
day at the Allianz. But it will not be a ‘competition’ in the true sense of the word because we all know who is going to win.
The arrogance of Saracens - owners, management and players - is going to affect a lot of people as it is quite likely that the Allianz operation will be scaled back and the remaining Championship clubs know they have not a cat in hell’s chance of going anywhere. There are no ‘winners ‘ in this sorry saga.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 12:14

The only potential winners could be any players who show what they can achieve against Sarries and hence enhance their chances of a Premiership contract.

Posted by: Inbox (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 19:22

Kiddykid - don’t to be too sure that Sarries stadium will be “Allianz” next season. The another impact of their financial skullduggery, I’ll be amazed if main sponsors continue their commitments.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 08:29

Depends on the contracts I suppose - clauses and the definition of disrepute therein.

For a financial management company continuing the relationship would seem inappropriate in the circumstances.

Posted by: Drahm for England (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 21:07

Interestingly some of this being blamed on Edward Griffiths now. Could have been part of the Warriors ownership not that long ago of things had panned out differently!

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 08:55

From Brendan Venter's comments, I'm slightly unsure of the timeline. It sounds like Sarries knew in March that they were busted, decided to get a lawyer (at the cost of £3m) who told them what they wanted to hear, only to be told by PRL in November that their lawyer was wrong. Now Venter is blaming PRL for Sarries being over the cap this season on the basis that their spending was agreed in June. Apparently it's PRL's fault that the Sarries Lawyer gave them poor advice.

Would I be correct in assuming that Venter has been paid as part of the Sarries PR team? He mentions he called called back in, although I'm not sure by who and why. Could he make the Nob's XV as DOR?

Date: 22 January, 2020 09:06

Saracen's really are doing themselves zero good with how they have handled this. A degree of contrition qwould have done some good, but they have been flip flopping between playing the blame game, righteous self justification (how else do we compete with France?!) and pleading themselves a special case due to their academy and England players.

All in all a shade undignified.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 09:44

It would seem that are still in the midst tat they re in the right nd releasing the whole judgement will leave them with no hiding place.

Publish it and take the flak

JP

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 10:32

Not releasing the findings only shows how much they have to hide. Venter said it was to protect the players. That only says to me that the report probably details the amounts each player was gifted, sorry, I meant received as a co-investment. My feelings are that this will not go away and all that will happen is that rumours will spread with the players names and amounts. The truth will come out at some point, best to just get it done and move on, unless there really is something horrendous, but again this will probably come out in the end anyway.

Date: 22 January, 2020 12:01

Someone cleverer than me will be able to tell us what the legal ramifications are of disclosing people's salaries in a published document.

If there is no mechanism for it in the regulations, it may have to be redacted - or in more general terms, maybe

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 13:48

Yesterday's article is all about why Premiership rugby are not publishing the report

[www.theguardian.com]

But the CEO also states that if they hadn't opted for direct relegation, then there would have been a full audit of salaries etc, which suggests that the Dyson report doesn't necessarily contain that information.

'To help restore trust, Childs indicated he would like to see the report into Saracens’ cap-busting behaviour released in full, rather than withheld at the request of Saracens’ lawyers, and would like the club to reconsider its stance.'

'Those running the league are also sensitive to the reputational damage to the sport and Childs has confirmed that, had they not accepted relegation, Saracens would have been required to open their books to show exactly how they remunerated a squad who have won three of the past four European titles and five domestic titles in the past decade.'

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 08:46

It seems that Sky now have the complete 103 page report.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net