Williams and Montgomery set for Cavaliers return
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 09:57

This is really good news, I am looking forward to what Montgomery can do for us.

Quote:
WN
Back-row forwards Matti Williams and Caleb Montgomery are set to return from lengthy injury lay-offs for Cavaliers in Monday’s Premiership Rugby Shield match against Leicester Tigers Development at Sixways (kick-off 7.30pm).

Williams suffered an abductor muscle injury in Warriors’ European Challenge Cup victory over Enisei-STM in Krasnodar in November and Montgomery has been out of action since October because of a hand injury which required surgery.

Williams and Montgomery have both been named in a strong provisional Cavaliers squad which also includes centre Will Butler.

Butler suffered an ankle injury on his seasonal debut for Warriors against Bath in the Premiership Rugby Cup in September but made a successful return to action against Enisei-STM last week when he scored a try after he came off the bench.

Samoa international wing Ed Fidow has also been included in the squad with back-row forward Tom Dodd again captain

as Cavaliers attempt to make it five straight bonus point win to strengthen their position at the top of the Shield’s Northern Conference.

With three tighthead props – Conor Carey, Farai Mudariki and Joe Morris – ruled out by injuries, Cavaliers have called up Mitch Walsh from Hartpury University as a guest player to bolster the front row.

Walsh is joined in the squad by his Hartpury team-mates Max Boxall and Matt McNab, both of whom have played for Cavaliers already this season.

Cavaliers (from) |
Backs: Gareth Simpson, Luke Scully, Nick David, Will Butler, Scott van Breda, Noah Heward, Callum Morris, Max Boxall (Hartpury), Matt McNab (Hartpury).

Forwards: Kai Owen, Isaac Miller, Mitch Walsh (Hartpury), Matt Cox, James Scott, Morgan Monks, Matti Williams, Tom Dodd (C), Beck Cutting, Lewis Holsey, Caleb Montgomery.

Lets get down to Sixways on Monday night and give them a cheer

JP

Re: Williams and Montgomery set for Cavaliers return
Posted by: Diverdave (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 11:12

I for one will be there

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 12:56

Me too.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 15:30

Me too.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 21:57

Not missed one for donkeys.Won't be missing this.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Date: 20 January, 2020 21:47

Cavs 21 Tigers 24.
The best opposition I have seen in the competition this season just deserved to shade it despite playing the last 5 minutes with 13 men.
Quick observations:
Cav's made too many errors compared to Tigers.
How Van Breda dosn't get into the first 23 I don't know.
Well done to Matt Cox who played 80 minutes at lock.
Fidow went off with a leg injury
Monks carried well
Cav's also don't deal with the bouncing ball on the floor very well
Congtatulations to Holsey, Cutting and ? that won a penalty try againt a front row containing Cortes and Dawiduk.
Was impressed with Mointgomery when he came on.
Still a good night at Sixways albeit a touch cold.
I will leave others to comment on the referee.

Posted by: Diverdave (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 22:23

Good night as you say, I agree about the bouncing ball issue. I had to sit opposite tigers comedy club rep, he just happened to be part of tonight’s coaching set up.

I though Montgomery played really well, and as you say how scotty van Breda doesn’t make the first team baffles me.

Ah well! Back into my usual east stand seat for Saturday. Might even pop into the in at the side for the first time who knows.

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 10:06

Any Tigers players stand out?

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 10:21

Your fly half kicked extremely well from both hand and off the tee. Quite why SVB doesn’t take some of our kicks to touch is quite beyond me. The one he took last night was sensational as they usually are. Thought that your defensive effort was very impressive even if sometimes off side. Montgomery looks useful and I hope that he can now kick on.

Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 10:35

Thanks for that guys, had to miss last night due to timings!!

How did our front row go?

Seems we weren't as inventive in attack as usual, is that correct?

JP

Date: 21 January, 2020 19:57

Front row went well in the first half and as I said the replacements got the penalty try with Cortes and Dawiduk opposite them.
Kai Owen can't be too far way from a first team squad call.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net