Matt Kvesic
Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 03:04

Looks like we are in for him. Would personally love him back. I feel we have healthy competition at blindside between Hill and Montgomery but not so much so at openside. Sammi Lewis is a guaranteed starter at the moment and doesnít really have anyone challenging him.

Marco still hasnít re signed and Kev would provide that fierce competition for openside. We donít really have a guy like a Curry or Underhill that can turnover ball or effect the breakdown and Kev certainly does that. He can also cover 8 too. Definitely would be a welcome addition.

Downside is it looks as if we have lost out to Cardiff Blues again with Luke Scully. Looks as if heís going home,but Iíll ask him later

Re: Matt Kvesic
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 08:35

I would have him back but is this just a ploy to up his contract at Exeter.

JP

Posted by: Trent_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 10:19

100% we should be targeting him, he would be the best back row player at the club so no brainier. Only shows lack of depth when we lose Hill to England camp we looked short last weekend, also going to lose Du Preez for the next few months this year and next.

Desperately need a second row and 1st choice scrum half and thatís a big step forward.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 10:51

Would love to have him back.
Excellent player.
Also an on-field leader (which has been sorely missing since retirement of DOC).

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 11:21

Yes certainly but a physical second row and scrum half a must.

Date: 02 February, 2020 11:32

An inform dynamic scrum half would make a huge difference to the team we have now.

JP

Posted by: Ake1985 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 12:16

I'd love to have him back but is back-row really where we should be focussing money. For me, it's our strongest area. Kev would obviously strengthen it, but if that means we can't afford to get a top quality 2nd row/loose head/scrum half/Heem style wing, then I think we'd be better off not bringing him back

Date: 02 February, 2020 13:05

If GJ retires as he admits he is not on top form and Marco continues to have problems with his quads then we may be in trouble. It is massively attritional position and you need at least 2 levels of full strength. If they both leave or drop down next season we would have...

Blindside - Hill and Montgomery
Openside - Lewis and Kevesic(possibly, if not who??)
No8. - du Preez and ???

We have Dodd and Monks coming through but not yet at full level.

So for me not that strong when you compare to all the other clubs.

JP

Date: 08 February, 2020 12:13

Just saw this...

Just to add to the Kvesic rumours of him leaving, his house is now on the market

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 10:20

Would love to have him back, but I think that the chances are remote. I cannot see the ex player who regrets leaving being Kev.

Date: 09 February, 2020 12:03

To be honest I donít think it has to be him to be fair. Heís been gone a while now and at the time I know he didnít particularly like it here. Times have changed now though,but I think the player that regrets leaving is Spencer

Posted by: Teme Dream (IP Logged)
Date: 09 February, 2020 19:26

I was under the impression he left because he was distinctly unimpressed with Richard Hill not because of any objection to the club itself.

Date: 09 February, 2020 19:55

I probably miss worded that but yes he wasnít overly impressed with the coaching not the club

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net