Millsy
Posted by: AJWarriors (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 10:00

Looks like he might be off according to this...

[www.ruck.co.uk]

This might sound crazy to say this but let him go if he wants to. We have an abundance of talent at centre and a potential world class player in Ollie Lawrence who is getting blocked and he is at an age where his talent suggests he should be playing week in week out.

Millsy is more than likely on a huge wedge too so Iíd be inclined to use the cash heís more than likely on in a position that needs it like the wing. This season heís been out of sorts and we have players with huge talent such as Beck, Venter, Lawrence and Butler with Morris waiting in the wings so we definitely arenít short of quality.

Heís also been here a while and guys like Ted have made it into the England squad as has Nick Schonert even though it was the training camp so cant really use moving to another club as an excuse to progress.

Iím a bit sceptical about that article, but ruck are pretty consistent with rumours and I tend to believe this.

I think what Iíve said will divide opinion, but it makes sense for everyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2020 10:07 by AJWarriors.

Re: Millsy
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 10:06

Simples, if he doesn't want to be here then don't waste time on him and concentrate of developing those players who do.

JP

Posted by: Diverdave (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 10:11

You beat to it by a whisker JP my sentiments exactly

Posted by: Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 10:42

God luck to him but he wonít play for England heís far too inconsistent. Although heís been consistently average for a long period of time now. No major loss in my view.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 12:03

I agree if he doesnít want to play for us let him go.

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 12:16

The bigger issue is why would playing for Wasps give a greater chance of playing for England? Worcester are a Premiership team, playing against the same players as everyone else. Would any 12 look much better playing outside other half backs than Duncan Weir and Francois Hougaard?

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 12:31

I do agree about the comments saying he should be allowed to go if he wants to. It not only affects what we see on the pitch, but unhappy players create a negative atmosphere around a club.

It's a shame if this is all true, but I'm sure everyone will be grown up about it and accept it sometimes happens.

Posted by: Teme Dream (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 12:35

Might be why he didn't feature in the game against Wasps. Would be sad to lose him myself.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 12:43

We should remember that on his day Ryan is a class player and has been involved in some our best victotries , so it is sad if he does leave. Not use what has really gone wrong howvere as some have said we have cover and the money could go towards a TH, lock and LH all needed IMHO.

Posted by: Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 12:44

Whilst a great servant to the club over the years has Millsy become too much of an individual this season - believing his own hype.

There seems to have been too many attempts at miracle offloads, one handed carrying, penalties conceded, missed tackles etc.

Get back to basics and he will help make the team tick again.

Posted by: NW2 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 18:20

If he were at his best, I would be clamouring to keep him. Sadly he isn't, and hasn't been for some time IMO. Not worried at all if he leaves early.

Posted by: Sheldon (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 19:26

He may have just seen the writing on the wall. Venter and Beck are both quality internationals and Ollie Laurence simply must be given more game time as he will be a great player. Mills will never play international rugby so he must be fourth in the pecking order. It is unfortunate but also the reason we picked up Sam Lewis. It happens.

Posted by: TRIXTA (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 23:55

Afraid I disagree with most of the above. In my opinion, Mills is a class act and I think it would be a disaster to lose him. I think the team plays better both in defence and attack when he is in the team due to both his innate footballing skills and his organisational abilities. The article says that he is regarded as one of the best all-round rugby players in England and I would go along with that. You can see his passion on the pitch. He may not be playing to his usual standard at the moment (although I have seen no evidence of this) but class is permanent. And by the way, he is 2/3 years younger than both Venter and Beck.

Date: 14 February, 2020 07:44

But if he doesnít want to be here because we are not a good enough club then he has to be let go.

JP

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 08:14

Quote:
TRIXTA
Afraid I disagree with most of the above. In my opinion, Mills is a class act and I think it would be a disaster to lose him. I think the team plays better both in defence and attack when he is in the team due to both his innate footballing skills and his organisational abilities. The article says that he is regarded as one of the best all-round rugby players in England and I would go along with that. You can see his passion on the pitch. He may not be playing to his usual standard at the moment (although I have seen no evidence of this) but class is permanent. And by the way, he is 2/3 years younger than both Venter and Beck.

I put the LI match forward as evidence that he is not on top of his form

Posted by: TRIXTA (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 09:29

Quote:
Faithful_City
But if he doesnít want to be here because we are not a good enough club then he has to be let go.
JP

Agreed. I think it's a shame though. The squad appeared to be becoming a tightly knit group - I hope this isn't changing.

Date: 14 February, 2020 10:34

Maybe itís improving because he is going, just saying.

Who knows

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net