Rory Duncan
Posted by: TrueWarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 09:35

Rory Duncan is joining Johann Ackermann in Japan to coach the Red Hurricanes. Thought for sure he would head back to SA and join the Kings.

This season has been a write off with him as he was announced as leaving so hard to judge. In his first season, I did feel we improved with him as Head coach but still didn't quite get that all elusive consistency from players week in, week out.

Having said that, I get the feeling he is a good coach and hope he gets a HC gig somewhere in the future.

Re: Rory Duncan
Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 10:46

Yes I do wonder what might have happened had he been here for a number of years as was the original intention. I have no real idea about what happened but AS deciding to stay on for a number of years seems as good an explanation as any. I for one was sorry about the way events unfolded and had been quite hopeful about the future with him in charge.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 12:33

Is this from Fissler in the Teague piece in the RP ?

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 20:29

No, was announced officially by his agents, I believe. Seen it a few times now.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 20:55

So as Ackerman is off at once does that mean that Rory is too ?

Posted by: usa warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 21:23

Same time, essentially. Only difference was that Ackerman still had two(?) years on his contract left.

As far as we know it's still all change end of June anyhow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net