Golden opportunity.
Posted by: woodywuss (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 16:28

Let's be honest this season has been one of the strangest yet. From the late start and the gaps in between Prem. games to the enforced stop caused by this terrible virus. So, when the vested interests have stopped faffing and @#$%& around ,we could have one of the best opportunities for clubs to give the whole of their squad numbers some quality game experience.
Empty grounds, newly transferred players, shorter turnarounds to get games in and the landscape of marquee and higher paid players likely to be an element in clubs future budgets . This could be an ideal opportunity for clubs like Warriors to put some of the future on display?

Re: Golden opportunity.
Posted by: TrueWarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 19:21

We are only 2 wins off 6th place so also an ideal time to try and chase that. But with long term development, it would make sense for players like Kai Owen, Nick David, Noah Heward and Monks to get/continue to get prem experience.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 22:35

We will have an almost entirely new coaching group.
For me it will be about them getting their ideas across in a remainder of a season with no jeopardy, and hopefully give them a head start for next season.

Posted by: Asterz (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2020 23:53

Quote:
TrueWarrior
We are only 2 wins off 6th place so also an ideal time to try and chase that. But with long term development, it would make sense for players like Kai Owen, Nick David, Noah Heward and Monks to get/continue to get prem experience.

6th?! Havenít had a good game since the WC ended. We live in hope.

Date: 25 May, 2020 10:25

Quote:
Asterz
Quote:
TrueWarrior

6th?! Havenít had a good game since the WC ended. We live in hope.

Yes Asterz, we are 8 points off 6th. Hopeful that the new coaches that we have in will be able to inspire something for the remaining part of the season. Clear to me that the disharmony between Solly and Duncan was not helping the squad.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 08:29

Have the new coaches arrived?

Date: 26 May, 2020 08:54

Quote:
TVM Rides Again
Have the new coaches arrived?

Player and coach transfers will be completed by the time this season resumes I suspect (if it does at all.)

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 09:03

I think that Solly has said he expects the player contaracts to start on 1 July so I would expect the coaches to as well.

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 10:20

I thought all the press releases said the coaches come at the end of the season - however that is defined!

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 10:52

It's all profoundly confusing!

I would imagine (and it is a speculative imagine) that all contracts will have a calender date as there will be money involved on a pro rata basis on whether the season ends at your last game or - say - the Premiership final.

Calendar dates are unambiguous.

Posted by: Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 13:00

We could have a situation, if we do try and finish off this season, where we have Saracens playing in the prem and in the Championship as I believe their new season is planned to start in September as normal. Hmmm!

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 13:47

There has I think been quite soem discussion on the VF22 site about this and what compises a legal date. I am not sure any real conclusion was found.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net