Leicester team up
Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 12:08

Looks like we are rotating but strong bench

Leicester Tigers (v Cardiff Blues, Welford Road, Sunday 3.15pm)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Jordan Olowofela
13 George Worth
12 Kyle Eastmond
11 Rory Hughes
10 George Ford
9 Ben White
1 Greg Bateman
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Joe Heyes
4 Joe Batley
5 Harry Wells
6 Sam Lewis
7 Tommy Reffell
8 Jordan Coghlan
Replacements
16 Tatafu Polota-Nau
17 Ellis Genge
18 Nephi Leatigaga
19 Will Spencer
20 Ifereimi Boladau
21 Harry Simmons
22 Noel Reid
23 Adam Thompstone

Re: Leicester team up
Posted by: cardiff_steve (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 12:39

The Cardiff team is absurd. Using this game to experiment with players out of position is disappointing

Date: 10 January, 2020 12:49

It certainly looks stronger on paper than the Tigers team but will they gel as units?

Date: 10 January, 2020 13:03

Quote:
Stopsy
It certainly looks stronger on paper than the Tigers team but will they gel as units?

Don't imagine so!

I suspect there'll be a lot of tries in this game. Defenses not quite clicking and everyone deciding they may as well throw it about.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 17:00

What's the weather prediction Steve?

Posted by: AndrewBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 23:18

Cardiff team is incredibly disappointing.

Would have much rather seen Domachowski and Dillon come off the bench. Especially Dillon. I don't really see the point in bringing Arhip on as a sub. If you're going to play Arhip, play him from the start.

Seb at eight?! Josh Adams at 13? That half-back pairing?! What the hell is that all about? Seems like Pivac is having a say in our squad, why this game and not the game next week? Adams at 13 is just bizarre. Why put the in-form Welsh winger with little experience at 13 in a crucial match, when you have Lee-Lo, Amos and even Harries who can all cover at 13. And that's not even talking about Lane, where is he?!

Was originally gutted that the game isn't on tv but maybe it's a good thing. Praying I'm wrong though and we can win this game.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 17:22

Just saw George North out of his depth in the centres as well, seems Pivac is pulling a lot of strings

Date: 11 January, 2020 23:30

Doing the sums, and with the turks losing, we can still go through as 3rd best runners up without winning this.

If we get 2 bps and 5 next week (Calvisano should be straightforward) we will go through. It'll put us on 20 and the turks can get a max of 19 if they get 5 at London irish.

If we get 1 bp and 5 next week, we can still get through by getting a better points difference. And, if Pau dont get 5 against Leicester.

So, as a minimum, we need a BP. Ideally 2.

In other words, we need to throw the @#$%& ball around.

Date: 11 January, 2020 23:35

Quote:
AndrewBlues
Cardiff team is incredibly disappointing.
Would have much rather seen Domachowski and Dillon come off the bench. Especially Dillon. I don't really see the point in bringing Arhip on as a sub. If you're going to play Arhip, play him from the start.

Seb at eight?! Josh Adams at 13? That half-back pairing?! What the hell is that all about? Seems like Pivac is having a say in our squad, why this game and not the game next week? Adams at 13 is just bizarre. Why put the in-form Welsh winger with little experience at 13 in a crucial match, when you have Lee-Lo, Amos and even Harries who can all cover at 13. And that's not even talking about Lane, where is he?!

Was originally gutted that the game isn't on tv but maybe it's a good thing. Praying I'm wrong though and we can win this game.

Lane injured apparently.

Which is of course another reason to not mess around with the wingers even more.

Date: 12 January, 2020 10:21

The match should be shown live on epcr site

Date: 12 January, 2020 17:12

I cant decide..

Is it the lineout or the restarts that are a bigger shambles?

Tom Smith has to be under pressure now. His forwards cant do the basics.

Date: 12 January, 2020 17:17

I hope the injuries arenít bad. Chuffed with the result but not with the performance albeit a squad that are strangers to each other. Best of luck for the rest of the season

Date: 13 January, 2020 14:27

Quote:
Stopsy
I hope the injuries arenít bad. Chuffed with the result but not with the performance albeit a squad that are strangers to each other. Best of luck for the rest of the season

Thanks, despite everything we've enjoyed playing you. Hopefully next time we'll give better accounts of ourselves. Good luck for rest of season, hope you help relegate Saracens.

Date: 13 January, 2020 15:56

Thanks Steve.

Posted by: Selgwent (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2020 21:04

Quote:
cardiff_steve
Quote:
Stopsy

Thanks, despite everything we've enjoyed playing you. Hopefully next time we'll give better accounts of ourselves. Good luck for rest of season, hope you help relegate Saracens.

Seconded!

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net