The result
Posted by: Empire 58 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2020 17:39

Poor game. A lot of jumping out of the defensive line in the first half. No ball carriers from second row or back row. Amos fumbling ball after ball. No leader there. Front row replacements not up to it. Decision making from centres not great.
Jackaling was ok. And Adams scored. No other positives.

You might say first game back. But Scarlets managed to play well.

What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

Re: The result
Date: 22 August, 2020 17:49

Also how Richard Hodges still has a job I don’t know!?!

Posted by: Beddaublue25 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 August, 2020 07:49

The Blues were very poor ,struggled for ball carriers plus our favourite ref NIGEl Owens.???

Date: 23 August, 2020 10:18

He’s an @#$%&. Loves the attention. Referees poor in parts yesterday.
I have to take my hat off to Scarlets defence. It was aggressive as they come!

Posted by: Wynne55 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 August, 2020 12:47

The Steff Evans try was very dubious. Between them Owens and Whitehouse made a complete hash of it. By saying ‘is there any reason not to award a try’ he put the TMO in a difficult position. There is no way in real time they could tell whether a try was scored. The referral should have been ‘yes or no’. He later seemed determined to compensate by awarding a try from a very obvious forward pass😏

Date: 23 August, 2020 14:45

In fairness it was a tough call. Could of gone either way. What’s more concerning is that the defence were constantly in that position. We missed a few players. But as I’ve said before we need more recruitment. Won’t happen for another year though I reckon.

Posted by: Cogangleision (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2020 15:08

Whitehouse was incompetent to say he could see from his angle with any confidence that it was a scarlets try, Owens should have known better but as said before it's no surprise from his form in previous matches. Largely academical though, not much to add from Empire58s thoughts. Looking forward to the end of this disappointing season and a better 20-21.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net