Current Page: 1 of 2
Newcastle v Pirates
Posted by: Pirate15 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 13:11

There are 2 changes to last weeks starting line up Jack Andrew and Craig Mitchell return at prop. Hayden King and Jay Tyack move to the bench, the only other change to the squad is a welcome return for Will Cargill after missing the last couple of games due to concussion.

Re: Newcastle v Pirates
Date: 14 February, 2020 13:39

Both squads as listed on the Newcastle Falcons preview;

Newcastle Falcons: 15 Tom Arscott, 14 Adam Radwan, 13 Johnny Williams, 12 Toby Flood, 11 Sinoti Sinoti, 10 Brett Connon, 9 Michael Young (co-captain), 1 Logovi'i Mulipola, 2 George McGuigan (co-captain), 3 Mike Daniels, 4 Greg Peterson, 5 Sean Robinson, 6 Callum Chick, 7 Will Welch, 8 Nemani Nagusa

Replacements 16 Jamie Blamire, 17 Trevor Davison, 18 Rodney Ah You, 19 Sebastian de Chaves, 20 Gary Graham, 21 Sonatane Takulua, 22 Ben Stevenson, 23 Gareth Owen

Cornish Pirates: 15 Kyle Moyle, 14 Alex O'Meara, 13 Rory Parata, 12 Callum Patterson, 11 AJ Cant, 10 Javier Rojas Alvarez, 9 Alex Schwarz, 1 Jack Andrew, 2 Tom Channon, 3 Craig Mitchell, 4 Danny Cutmore, 5 Brett Beukeboom (captain), 6 Josh Caulfield, 7 Antonio Kiri Kiri, 8 James McRae

Replacements: 16 Dan Frost, 17 Hayden King, 18 Jay Tyack, 19 Fa'atiga Lemalu, 20 Paddy Ryan, 21 Rhodri Davies, 22 Will Cargill, 23 Harry Davey

Referee: Adam Leal.

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 14:01

All the pressure on Newcastle - our boys will give it a lash ..... you never know!

Posted by: lamornapirate (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 12:34

Posted by: Jacob Englefield (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 20:17

I'm really looking forward to this game tomorrow. It will be a very clear marker as to where we are as a club. It'll show how much work we've got to do to make sure we get to that next level.

Posted by: Black Bart (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 09:21

Dry and not too much wind up here ( so far)

Posted by: *Stalwart (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 11:54

Quote:
Black Bart
Dry and not too much wind up here ( so far)
Fingers crossed it stays like that Bart. Give us wave on telly!

Posted by: Jacob Englefield (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 16:53

Dear oh dear. If this afternoon shows us anything, it's that we are a long way off that next level. We were battered this afternoon from near enough start to finish. We showed glimpses, but that's not enough against the top sides. I'll give credit to Newcastle though. They were different class and showed they are clearly above the rest. They completely nullified all our threats and didn't allow us to play.

Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:08

No complaints about the result, better side won. We were playing for pride by H/T and we certainly gave our all and regained lots of that pride. for me two men were the beating of us, Arscott and Radwan . Amazing what a parachute payment can do! Before k/o Dean Richards was interviewed and he showed his true colours again, backing the RFU and not really caring to much about the league his team are currently in!!!

Posted by: colourbloke (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:20

Was hoping you guys would be able to pin them back a bit, but I canít see them losing any more games, even Ealing at home at thus rate. I didnít see the game, but not surprised Dean Richards canít bring himself to criticise RFU, guy has zero class!

Posted by: 2Harbourview (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 18:14

Ok, we were outgunned, outpaced and outclassed all over the field, but that is the gulf in class bewteen the two divisions. Our boys really stuck to it, Josh C worked himself to a standstill, Kiri Kiri was everywhere, Javier was massive and Tom Channon had his best game in a Pirates shirt imho. Plenty to be proud of. A lovely afternoon up here too and big contingent of Pirates - saw Janner, Clive of India and a large grouop that featured big Sam Heard. Lovely welcome from the Falcons fans and great set up at Kingston Park

Posted by: chenoweth (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 18:32

That Newcastle were the best side was beyond doubt however I have to say the fourth official's input came at a crucial point. Newcastle try awarded and Pirates not! a fourteen point swing that said I thought Newcastle were very professional, a couple of errors by us made the final score slightly harsh. That we have the beginning of a strong side is beyond doubt and we must continue to build. Onward and upward, tough game next week where we can achieve hopefully another match against Newcastle at some stage. Love to think the Cup final.

Date: 16 February, 2020 18:49

Slightly disappointed that the final margin was not closer but on the day Newcastle were the better side. They won the collisions and we struggled to match them physically at the breakdown which gave their half backs plenty of time on the ball. Plenty of effort from the boys with Antonio Kuri Kuri and Josh Caulfield leading the way. We had moments of good play but struggled to keep the ball for any length of time. As usual when you are on the back foot the 50/50 decisions seem to go against you but we can have very little complaints at the end of the day.

Posted by: 1spy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 19:15

Josh Caulfield work rate was outstanding. My PIRATES MOM.

Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 19:39

Why does Dean Richards have to criticise the RFU if that is not his opinion?
Zero class ??
Come folks you are a lot better than these comments surely.

Plenty of your fans made a long trip today And weíre great craic and I have to say that Iím surprised at how easy our win was as all week I thought that this game was going to be very very close.

We played the best 50 minutes of our season and at 33-0 the game was all over, we stepped off it somewhat and you guys had nothing to lose and had a real go.

Thought you no 12 was outstanding!!

Posted by: welshpirate (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:10

What to buy him....£600000

Posted by: Zallehnep (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:12

Itís many years since I was last at Kingston Park, before Newcastle became Falcons, but a very good setup and a lovely welcome.

As someone else has remarked the difference in playing (and off field standards) are huge and there is much to be done if Pirates are going to bridge the gap.

Posted by: chenoweth (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 20:15

Wensleydale Falcon

I too thought Pirates would have been closer on the score line today, however Falcons must be congratulated on their performance as they never allowed Pirates especially in the first half a foot hold in the game. Dean Richards has for some time suggested ring fencing for the Premiership and whilst I do not agree with this view he is entitled to air it without being abused. Best wishes to Falcons for the rest of the season and inevitable promotion now.

Posted by: 2Harbourview (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 11:00

From what I have been able to work out looking at various sites, it looks like that if we beat Cov next weekend we are back to Knigston Park for the semi. but I wouldn't start arranging your trip on the basis of my research!

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 11:05

I hope all who travelled got back safely and enjoyed their day at KP. I thought you were unlucky not to have the 1st try awarded after a nice piece of quick thinking.

Best wishes for the rest of the season.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net