Current Page: 1 of 2
Aspirations for the season
Posted by: BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 09:13

Iím sure Roland and his staff will have their own targets and measurable for the season, but just thought might be interesting to get an idea of supporters outlook?

For me this season, not withstanding injuries, 5 road wins and no more than two losses at home. However I think itís not impossible to get something out of the four games vs Newcastle and Ealing.

3rd to 5th is within achievable range this season though away performance must improve

Re: Aspirations for the season
Posted by: rustyroof (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 10:48

Bedford came third with a won 13 lost 9 record. That would be a good challenging ballpark target. We obviously need to improve our defensive record ( most points conceded last season), so to get our points difference from -140 to a positive number would be good.

Posted by: Bono546 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 11:53

With the investment going into the club and team I would think anything outside a top 4 finish will be disappointing for supporters and more importantly the management team.

Posted by: rustyroof (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 12:33

Not sure about that. I don't think the management would be overly disappointed with a top 6 spot.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 13:38

Top 6

Posted by: covmick1/Michael Carter (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 14:13

8th last season, plus cup quarter-finals. Anything above that would progress.

covmick/Michael Carter

Posted by: Leo (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2019 17:45

Being realistic is good therapy should we continue to improve by 10% each season from here on in, slowly, slowly catchy monkey. A solid basis financially and on the pitch and within a few seasons .................the promised land !

7th place, semi final, more investment, attract few more quality players for 2020/21 and the double over Harpury RFC

Posted by: Maxee (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2019 09:51

Win 10 home games. Win 4 away games. Earn a home QF in the Cup Competition.

Posted by: Spookykid (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2019 12:47

Anything from second bottom and above for me. That's all I ask!

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2019 16:23

Top 6, maybe 3rd or 4th more than happy with that

Posted by: timdouglas1 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2019 18:04

With the new pitch being put down, I fear we lack a touch of pace. If Max is out, then we might struggle. There are rumours surrounding Emery and Purdy, and if we get one or both, we will be a threat to any side. I will say top 6 would be a cracking effort

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2019 08:36

Agree we need a couple of speedsters wide out to take advantage of the pitch. Big Dave is solid at fullback but there's no substitute for out and out gas.

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2019 09:54

Stokes can still motor a bit too.

Date: 05 July, 2019 10:27

Quote:
AdminBTCov
Stokes can still motor a bit too.

I thought he looked a bit out of his depth when he played last season. That might have been due to injury though.

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2019 12:48

No, he never really got into his stride (no pun) last term but given a good run (again, no pun) I reckon we could see him back at his best.
RW certainly seems to think so.

Posted by: BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2019 19:25

Quote:
AdminBTCov
No, he never really got into his stride (no pun) last term but given a good run (again, no pun) I reckon we could see him back at his best.
RW certainly seems to think so.

Thatís for certain, Roland doesnít keep people that he doesnít think merit it!

Posted by: covkid53 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2019 09:41

We need to be cautious, the other teams in the division will see their acquisitions as strengthening too. So it's catch up at the moment, a solid mid table position without any relegation worries would suit me. We are in a process and there is a huge task to build the club infrastructure, to a top professional level while maintaining financial responsibility. Yes, 6-7th for me with further off field progress.

Date: 10 July, 2019 10:34

Being competitive and playing entertaining rugby in the top half of the table would suit me, perhaps indefinitely.
I'm not sure I want all that Premiership rugby entails.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2019 08:32

Rob C I certainlly agree with that last sentence.

Posted by: Cliff Bennett (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2019 09:57

Unfortunately Rob I have to say I agree too.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net