Take The Money And Run
Posted by: Unofficial Coventry Rugby (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2019 09:50

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/09/2019 06:44 by AdminBTCov.

Re: Take The Money And Run
Posted by: Egg Timer (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2019 11:02

You could argue reasonably that Coventry, with the business nous that Jon Sharp brings, is mirroring the Exeter formula as well then. The installation of the artificial playing surface means that the club is now able to accommodate 7 day use and to make use of the revenue from that use, but also with the other associated incomes around refreshments and conferencing.

A former player I bumped into at the weekend suggested to me that Coventry are trying to get to the premiership at any cost. I don't believe that to be the case. I think that if, or when, we get there, it will be with a sound business model and not pie in the sky thinking.

Posted by: rustyroof (IP Logged)
Date: 02 September, 2019 13:39

I'm not sure that Coventry had a particular economic advantage over other English clubs to thank for their success. For me, what differentiated Cov from most English clubs back then was that rugby wasn't just a middle-class sport and had a broader appeal and involvement.

Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 03 September, 2019 08:34

With the total silence for nearly 3 weeks at Leeds, the supporters have seemingly given up..looking at their supporters site. With their first game at Notts two weeks on Friday, will a miracle have occured, or will supporters across the country be out of pocket. Clubs who are due to play them In the cup could miss out on two lots of revenue. Let's hope the self imposed news blackout, will bring forth a full squad and preseason games behind closed doors. Otherwise the RFU needs to look at its self and the way it deals with these situations again...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net