Team for Bedford Clash
Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 11:58

White, Maisey start
[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

Re: Team for Bedford Clash
Posted by: BackTenRef? (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 12:18

Maisey and Jennings? A Ford and Farrell tactic?

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 12:23

Quote:
BackTenRef?

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully they can get the backline ticking!

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 12:29

Quote:
BackTenRef?

I get the impression it has been slightly forced with the all the injuries in the back line.

Date: 18 October, 2019 12:40

Gives options.
Fenner on to replace either Maisey or Jennings - or Maisey off, Jennings moving to stand-off.
Etc.
Good to have Fenner in contention with the potential flexibility he brings, given the number of backs unavailable at the mo.
Two questions though:
- Where's Geo Oram? Broken? Rested?
- And what is a bap*?

(*Still, it could have been worse; they could have called it a cob).

Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 18 October, 2019 14:06

George Oram was injured I seem to recall in the warm up at Jersey, with Sam Russell taking his place

Date: 18 October, 2019 15:34

Quote:
AdminBTCov
Gives options.
Fenner on to replace either Maisey or Jennings - or Maisey off, Jennings moving to stand-off.
Etc.
Good to have Fenner in contention with the potential flexibility he brings, given the number of backs unavailable at the mo.
Two questions though:
- Where's Geo Oram? Broken? Rested?
- And what is a bap*?

(*Still, it could have been worse; they could have called it a cob).

Think it might disappoint a few to learn that perfect baps is a food outlet

Date: 18 October, 2019 16:17

True! smiling smiley

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2019 16:45

Well play better and dominate games more and lose....

5 points Ill take that!!

Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2019 18:09

Odd match really. Should have been more excited by it with the evenly matched teams and scoreline but I didnt feel we were ever going to win until the end... Notnsure we deserved the 5 points but before its mentioned elsewhere, we would have lost such a match last season.

Ironically, having witnessed us score 4 tries, I dont yet have confidence that our attack is strong enough and think we are lacking a threat.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Date: 19 October, 2019 18:40

Perhaps we are 'lacking a threat', but that back five has been severley disrupted this season so far - and with three more class players to come back (and another when Andy B is back to fitness) the only way is up, surely?

Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2019 19:23

Yes, agree with that. I saw Big Dave today, I wonder when he and Purdy will be available.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 19 October, 2019 23:13

AdminBTCov:- George Oram, Gerard Ellis and Joe Buckle in their club suits sitting near us in the second half. Situation unknown, but Ellis and Oram did get a bit of a shift on when the rain came and moved back a few rows.

5 points from that performance is a gift. As the game went on I was more and more sure we wouldn't get anything except maybe a losing bonus point, just didn't think it was our day. Having said that however, if Cov hadn't have won it at the death I'd be thinking very differently. The replacements certainly made a difference in my opinion, but it's early in the season so I'll hold my judgement on how individual players performed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2019 18:43 by Wazeroonie.

Date: 20 October, 2019 15:58

Not sure that response was for me?

Posted by: rustyroof (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 18:29

Quote:
PaulRossborough
Yes, agree with that. I saw Big Dave today, I wonder when he and Purdy will be available.
Otago lost in the playoff semis. I don't think he's seen as much game time as he would have liked, so should be keen to get back playing regularly asap.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2019 18:31 by rustyroof.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net