Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: 2020-2021 Squad: Ins & Outs and Positions
Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 13:55

Waiting for confirmation from Cov, Al. Could go either way.

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 14:07

[/quote]

Is he off? Quite a few have had coaching roles and still part of the squad. RW said in Q & A training will finish slighly earlier next season so players can takes advantage of further education, jobs, work experience etc in preperation for life after rugby. Luton RFC will probably be training a few evenings a week.[/quote]

I can’t imagine Luton would want their head coach playing for another club at the same time as their game.

Posted by: Chow Chow (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2020 21:12

It's pretty common for clubs from level 5 and below to have a current player from a senior club on their coaching team, and some are indeed Head Coaches. They train the side in the week and are involved in selection, most games are taped even at lower levels so they can be reviewed. Many of the Cov squad have been involved with local clubs: Will Owen and Gerard Ellis at Balsall and Berkswell, Phil Boulton at Newbold, Pete White at Broadstreet, George Oram (and previously Will Maisey) at Kenilworth amongst others.
Nutley may well be doing similar at Luton....or he may indeed be moving on from Cov and coaching at Luton alongside a new career but I'd imagine it's in a similar vein to the above scenarios.

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2020 11:05

Can't see this being the same scenario chow chow, the other players you list are supporting a Head Coach at those club's.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2020 17:36

Well he is out of contract. He has given us some good stuff over last couple of years. If he is leaving I wish him all the best and if he is staying I would be happy with that too.

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2020 18:50

Maybe another outlet for developing and finding new talent ?

Date: 03 June, 2020 14:13

James Gibbons to Ealing

Date: 04 June, 2020 13:32

Will Flinn and Scott Russell both join Hartpury.

Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2020 13:48

Two 9's already announced as leaving, presumably we will see a replacement 9 then.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2020 16:08

Quote:
CovBlueLou
Both talented players I was looking forward to watching both developed at Cov but hayho

Date: 04 June, 2020 17:11

Quote:
Mick J Shaw
Quote:
CovBlueLou
Both talented players I was looking forward to watching both developed at Cov but hayho

Likewise Russell deservedly got MOTM on his debut and Flinn was very like Pete White in the ‘somethings going to happen’ mould and his performance v Ampthill in the cup at the end of last year was fantastic.

2 players i expected to see a lot more of next season with others moving on around them.

Date: 04 June, 2020 17:50

Well a few people last year got in a lather about Jubb and Preece going to Hartpury. Preece had limited success while Jubb seemed to disapear. Both have been released by Hartpury after a season.

Preece has moved to Cinderford with some coaching duties as an add on. Probably right sort of move for him at this stage of his career and his business commitments.

Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2020 09:12

Yes, I recall Jack went there originally on loan from Cov & Cinderford at the time were using him in the hookers role.
As regards Tom, as you say disappeared, I can only recall seeing his name once & then on the bench

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 05 June, 2020 12:28

As RW said in his video interviews, talking about the senior squad depth and experience for next season:

"The leavers and the guys that are moving on, we haven't been able to replace them."

More outs than ins then, but really looking forward to seeing how the squad takes shape with development players stepping up and younger players replacing them in the development squad.

Date: 05 June, 2020 16:57

Toby Trinder released from Saints today. I'm hoping we get him on a permanent basis.

Sorry, not really on the correct topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2020 16:57 by PaulRossborough.

Date: 19 June, 2020 11:36

Prop David Langley joins Moseley on a permanent deal

Date: 19 June, 2020 14:39

Quote:
CovBlueLou
Prop David Langley joins Moseley on a permanent deal

One I sort of expected to be leaving.

Date: 03 July, 2020 18:00

Matt Harland- head of analysis has been made redundant from Cov.

Posted by: allthegear (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 19:07

A retrograde step but then there us not a lot to analyse currently.

Date: 03 July, 2020 22:19

Agreed nothing to analyse currently but surely there will be pretty much when it starts. Given there was an opportunity to furlough, seems an odd move.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net