Current Page: 1 of 2
Loans out
Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2020 22:31

I see that Moseley have announced that they have signed Langley and Lewis on loan. Most surprised at Langley I think as he has been with Canbridge this season (I think).

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Re: Loans out
Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 08:44

Yes he has. I think it is a great opportunity for Dan to kick on with some gametime and get experience.

Posted by: tonker (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 15:42

disappointed dan has been loaned out. imo with stokes gone he should have been given a run a full back. with trimble & purdy on the wings & big dave on the bench.
maybe he will impress at mose and push even harder for starting place.
l

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 19:04

If Dan Lewis plays for Moseley as he has played in his limited time in a Cov shirt, he should play every match he is available for. Better for Cov in the long run.

Date: 10 January, 2020 19:41

Quote:
tonker
disappointed dan has been loaned out. imo with stokes gone he should have been given a run a full back. with trimble & purdy on the wings & big dave on the bench.
maybe he will impress at mose and push even harder for starting place.
l
Don't forget Forsyth?

Posted by: titchywinger (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 22:39

Got to find room for Andy and Junior, when he's fit, in the back three as well. Who'd be a coach or selector? Tough job.

Posted by: dpw (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 10:21

Henry Purdy loaned to Bristol Bears until end if season

[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 10:24

Quote:
dpw
Henry Purdy loaned to Bristol Bears until end if season
[www.bristolbearsrugby.com]

Well that was short and relatively sweet, but hardly surprising... Can we get Dan Lewis back please, we need players who see a future at Cov.

Posted by: Egg Timer (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 10:27

That's a blow.

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 10:30

On the Coventry site these is no suggestion that it is a loan.

Posted by: NOM (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 10:52

Well that was short and relatively sweet, but hardly surprising... Can we get Dan Lewis back please, we need players who see a future at Cov.[/quote]

Speaking to friends who were at the Amp game HP got turned over 3 times, TK/PW threw 6/7 ‘bounce/miss’ passes and RB was the only hard hitting back 5 fwd. Given RWs commentary about building towards being ‘’premiership ready” isn’t now the time for Lewis, Flinn, Russell and Jeannot to be getting meaningful game experience at Champ level rather than Nat 1?

These lads are 22-24 now, unless there is going to be a massive cash budget increase to buy in Prem players surely we need to grow core players? Saints, Wasps, Chiefs, Sarries, Sale, Bath Quins all have players younger than these playing routinely.

As promotion and relegation are highly unlikely when will these players get the chance to develop if not now?

Date: 14 January, 2020 12:39

'HP got turned over 3 times'

To be fair to HP, the tackle area didn't go well for anyone at Ampthill...

Posted by: Paul Ingleston (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 12:50

Rob

I think that was the most contentious area of the game Rob. In my opinion Rob, Cov seemed to be ‘pinged’ far more on this issue than the home side were and remarkably quickly at that. Have had Sir before, notably at Ealing last season, and once again seemed to suffer . Would like to see the penalty count on this one area alone. Still, move on and hope for a reaction on Saturday.

Date: 14 January, 2020 14:18

Agreed Paul, Mr Richards had a certain interpretation of the breakdown that Cov couldn't seem to understand.
My dad would have described him as a 'homer', given the amount of times he helped Ampthill out of a corner. However, if all his decisions were correct then we have serious breakdown issues to correct before this Saturday...

Date: 14 January, 2020 17:38

Quote:
Rob C
Agreed Paul, Mr Richards had a certain interpretation of the breakdown that Cov couldn't seem to understand.
My dad would have described him as a 'homer', given the amount of times he helped Ampthill out of a corner. However, if all his decisions were correct then we have serious breakdown issues to correct before this Saturday...

Seroius breakdown issues? - At Ealing we certainly did!

Date: 14 January, 2020 17:53

Quote:
HoboAl
Quote:
Rob C

Then it's time for the coaches to start earning their crust...

Date: 14 January, 2020 19:00

Quote:
Rob C
Quote:
HoboAl
Quote:
Rob C

Then it's time for the coaches to start earning their crust...

I think it is an issue we had in National One. Its been a bumpy ride since then....but for me still our biggest weakness.

Posted by: tomthepom (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 20:44

Quote:
HoboAl

I think it is an issue we had in National One. Its been a bumpy ride since then....but for me still our biggest weakness.

Still amazed by Cov supporters' continuing gloom about how awful things have gone since arriving in the Championship two Septembers back. Just how bumpy has the ride been, really? 9 wins and a draw last season, resulting in 8th place and 51pts - the best-ever performance by a promoted side in the decade since the Championship was formed; and this season the win ratio up to 50% in 8 games, plus a draw, and 5th place, with a general acceptance that Cov are part of the 'chasing pack' behind Newcastle at the top end of the table. And yet many people on here seem to view the glass as half-empty...

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 20:50

Once would do Tom!
TBF, though, you're spot on. This season's win-rate is also garnered from five aways out of eight too, which is pretty decent going.
It's a Cov thing though. Wouldn't be happy if we weren't miserable winking smiley

Edit: Have deleted the 'triplication' now Tom smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/01/2020 11:05 by AdminBTCov.

Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 21:05

Tomthepom mist be REALLY amazed.

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net