Purdy Signed by Bristol Bears
Posted by: Alinta (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 10:26

Henry Purdy has been signed by the Bears with immediate effect:

[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

Re: Purdy Signed by Bristol Bears
Posted by: abdabs (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 10:52

No surprise really but it's a shame never the less. That being said he was guilty of trying to do a little too much at the debacle that was Saturday giving away three penalties when isolated but there is no doubt that he is a quality player and I wish him well.
Mr Lewis... Time for you to step up.. If we can get you back from Moseley!!

Posted by: Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 11:04

BBC web site states that he has joined on a short term loan, but Cov’s site says he has left the club?

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 11:09

Quote:
Peter Redhead
BBC web site states that he has joined on a short term loan, but Cov’s site says he has left the club?

Wasn’t he only on a contract til the end of the season at Cov so that’ll be why.

I see he’s into the Bristol A Team on Saturday, shame he couldn’t be spared another week playing in a more ‘competitive’ game but I guess they’ll want him in training ASAP.

Looked a class act.

Like others I hope to see Dan Lewis back to fight for his place.

Posted by: PaulRossborough (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 11:11

Would have been nice to get the season out of him!

All views expressed in this post, are my own

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 12:08

Came late and left early... I'd have preferred to develop the players staying for the whole season.

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 13:28

His try at Bedford was a thing of beauty, but on Saturday at Ampthill he was anonymous apart from giving away penalties. So I have mixed feelings about him. Having said that, I wish him well.

Posted by: covmick1/Michael Carter (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 16:17

Many championship clubs have taken players released by Premiership clubs. After showing there worth in the second tier have been recruited back to the higher level. Yes A loss to Coventry, but another pointer that the club is moving in the right direction. I prefer to look at Coventry's recruitment and say RW and staff are on a good wavelength If we are being cherry-picked twice this season. It also shows players and agents that things are been done in the correct manner at Coventry Rugby.

covmick/Michael Carter

Posted by: Covexile (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 16:45

Yes, it's good that our players are rated at a higher level. But the timing of this is unfortunate: the team needs a jolt to break out of poor form, and losing him is bad news. We should be looking ahead to drier and better running conditions, and HP has great potential to upgrade our scoring capability.
Bristol are not exactly likely to be damaged by international call-ups, are they?!

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 17:32

Quote:
Cliff Bennett
His try at Bedford was a thing of beauty, but on Saturday at Ampthill he was anonymous apart from giving away penalties. So I have mixed feelings about him. Having said that, I wish him well.

Not that good vs Nottingham or away at Ealing either.

Does not suprise me he is on way back to the Premiership so soon though.

Posted by: poplarside (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 18:01

Class player, good luck to him. I enjoyed his short time at Cov.

Date: 14 January, 2020 18:05

Quote:
covmick1/Michael Carter
Many championship clubs have taken players released by Premiership clubs. After showing there worth in the second tier have been recruited back to the higher level. Yes A loss to Coventry, but another pointer that the club is moving in the right direction. I prefer to look at Coventry's recruitment and say RW and staff are on a good wavelength If we are being cherry-picked twice this season. It also shows players and agents that things are been done in the correct manner at Coventry Rugby.

As always I respect what you have to say Mick but, in this case, I'm not sure HP's time with us has been good for the longer-term development of the squad...

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 15 January, 2020 01:11

Quote:
Covexile
Yes, it's good that our players are rated at a higher level. But the timing of this is unfortunate: the team needs a jolt to break out of poor form, and losing him is bad news. We should be looking ahead to drier and better running conditions, and HP has great potential to upgrade our scoring capability.
Bristol are not exactly likely to be damaged by international call-ups, are they?!

Probably not but we have a serious injury crisis at the moment, literally no fit 13s in the entire squad (including academy) plus injuries to utility backs or others who could play there like C Piutau. We also have only 1 fit 12 in Bedlow.

Really not good at the moment, I'm sure you'd wish them all a speedy recovery and Purdy does well.

Date: 15 January, 2020 07:09

Quote:
Rinkadink
Quote:
Covexile

Probably not but we have a serious injury crisis at the moment, literally no fit 13s in the entire squad (including academy) plus injuries to utility backs or others who could play there like C Piutau. We also have only 1 fit 12 in Bedlow.

Really not good at the moment, I'm sure you'd wish them all a speedy recovery and Purdy does well.

Particularly sorry to hear about Will Hurrell, someone who gave his all for Cov and moved on to bigger and better things with everyone's best wishes.

Date: 15 January, 2020 10:34

What’s the situation with Will?

Date: 15 January, 2020 10:43

Quote:
Cliff Bennett
What’s the situation with Will?

Nasty head injury and concussion I believe Cliff.

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 15 January, 2020 11:00

Personally, if someone doesn't 'want' to play for Cov, I'd prefer they weren't here.
I'll leave it there.

Date: 15 January, 2020 12:34

Thanks Rob. He is still with Bristol though?

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 15 January, 2020 12:37

Yes he is.

Posted by: richykenwood (IP Logged)
Date: 15 January, 2020 20:22

I think at this point we have to recognize we've got good players and be happy about it. Lets hope we can continue to attract quality and retain enough of it for the big push in 2/3/4/5 years time.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net