Phil Reynolds

Re: New deal for Pete
Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 16:03

Great news, a game-changer on his day.

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 16:42

Good signing, Pete's a good player. I quite like the Ying and Yang of him and Tom Kessell.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 09:37

Quote:
Wazeroonie
Good signing, Pete's a good player. I quite like the Ying and Yang of him and Tom Kessell.

Agree. I think Kessell is slightly the better player. However Pete really plays for the shirt and is gutted in defeat. I think he has great ability and still has the potential to improve as a player so win win for Cov.

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 10:06

I agree too. The current method of starting the game with Tom Kessell and replacing him after half time with Pete White seems to be working very well.

Posted by: NOM (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 11:13

Agree. I think Kessell is slightly the better player. However Pete really plays for the shirt and is gutted in defeat. I think he has great ability and still has the potential to improve as a player so win win for Cov.[/quote]

Great news for Cov and Pete. Just a question about Kessel; do you think he doesn’t ‘play for the shirt’ and isn’t ‘gutted in defeat’? I have always felt he throws himself into the physical areas without fear and that is why he gets selected as a starter over Pete.

Both players have probably benefitted by having flinn pushing for their spot. It will be interesting to see if he gets a go or if Tom gets re-signed too.

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 11:40

I doubt that Tom is any less committed and passionate than Pete. Maybe the difference lies in how they show their feelings - I do think that Pete has a more extrovert side to him.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:09

Quote:
CharlieBravo
I doubt that Tom is any less committed and passionate than Pete. Maybe the difference lies in how they show their feelings - I do think that Pete has a more extrovert side to him.

I certainly wasn't trying to suggest Tom Kessell is any less committed than Pete. I was just pointing out that one of Pete's attributes is his commitment to the shirt and it is clear he hurts if he is on the losing side. I am sure it can be said of most the squad in fairness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net