Re: Offy Link: Team for Pirates
Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 12:33

This will be tough, very tough.
Every ounce of support vital

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:00

Why are Andy Forsyth, Jimmy Stevens and Toby Trinder unavailable if there are no Premiership fixtures?

Posted by: titchywinger (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:13

Does anyone actually know if Andy Forsyth is a Leicester player or a Cov player? Personally I felt that he was settling down in the Cov side and was showing some good form. Now he is missing again.

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:23

Quote:
titchywinger
Does anyone actually know if Andy Forsyth is a Leicester player or a Cov player? Personally I felt that he was settling down in the Cov side and was showing some good form. Now he is missing again.

My thoughts as well - as far as I can see no Leicester sides are playing tomorrow so why is he unavailable when we could really do with him? More questions than answers lately...

Posted by: tonker (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:40

no dacres & not even mentioned in the press release. we look a little light in the second row. looking forward to the game, lets hope the players are fired up tomorrow. com on cov...

Posted by: Nige H (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:52

Lots of changes, hopefully we will be ok, but I'm a little worried for this one, distinct lack of speed in the backs apart from Dan, although Knoxy seems to be getting quicker these days.

Nige

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 14:09

I’m not convinced that the cutting edge which we have so woefully lost, at least in the last two away games ( and the London Scottish game at home was not convincing either) will necessarily be restored by the announced team. That’s not to say I’m not optimistic, because I am, but I’m also a realist.

Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 15:10

Confused ? Yes, me too !
I have been trying to find out, without any success, why the three players are unavailable linked to the comment re it being a Premiership week off.
Baffling

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 18:42

Quote:
Rob C
Why are Andy Forsyth, Jimmy Stevens and Toby Trinder unavailable if there are no Premiership fixtures?

Scheduled as a day off is my interpretation....a bit like Coventry playing away.

Posted by: NOM (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 20:47

Premiership registered players have scheduled rest periods as part of a collective agreement to support player welfare re ‘over-playing’. It is a fudge to get around having a winter break (owners not happy to lose revenue during 6N and Autumn international windows). Like much of the PRL regs it is complicated and depends on circumstances such as international duty etc. With World Cup and late start to the season the ‘rest’ window opportunities this season are limited which is why all players are off at the same time.

Those playing in Prem Cup semis will have to rotate their players rest at other times.

Posted by: titchywinger (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 21:21

That seems to say to me that Andy Forsyth is a Leicester player. If he was a Cov player then surely our management would insist that he play for Cov this weekend. Some clarification on this and other things like the head coach situation would be most welcome.

Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 21:40

Quote:
NOM
Premiership registered players have scheduled rest periods as part of a collective agreement to support player welfare re ‘over-playing’. It is a fudge to get around having a winter break (owners not happy to lose revenue during 6N and Autumn international windows). Like much of the PRL regs it is complicated and depends on circumstances such as international duty etc. With World Cup and late start to the season the ‘rest’ window opportunities this season are limited which is why all players are off at the same time.
Those playing in Prem Cup semis will have to rotate their players rest at other times.

Ah, that explains it. Thank you for the clarification NOM, much appreciated.

Posted by: Coventrian Man (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 21:48

The bizarre thing is that Leicester’s Charlie Clare is playing for Bedford tomorrow as is Bristol’s Tiff Eden for Hartpury

Posted by: NOM (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 09:25

It is a complicated regulation. EG In Andy Forsyth’s case he began pre-season with Tigers and then trained/in match day squads up until he joined up with Cov (where he went straight into training/match day squads). That is a continuous schedule from June to end of Jan. This is exactly the purpose of the Reg. (lobbied for by the RPA if I remember correctly). Other players, particularly junior or fringe players ‘workload’ can be more easily managed so rest periods can be deemed achieved due to not being needed every week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net