Walshe and Admin
Posted by: Nige H (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:33

Sorry admin.. I completely disagree with you closing my thread on Walshe going missing!

We are no further forward and the longer we are kept in the dark the worse it is in IMO.

For you to close the thread is possibly what the club want for it to just be ignored.

Re: Walshe and Admin
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:42

Although I do agree Straight outs comments were very reasoned and pragmatic.
And like he also mentioned, I'm sure the club isn't keeping us in the dark just for the heck of it.
But how do other sporting clubs manage to communicate a head coach departing from a club, where there would be similar legal complications, where we cant?

Could you imagine a football manager disappearing, or a coach from the rugby prem doing the same, and there be no communication about it for 3 weeks, and the fans just are left in the dark! Its just wouldn't happen.

I appreciate I may come over like I have a bit of a 'bee in my bonnet' about this, but I believe justifiably so; because we have no head coach and performances have been arguably poorer since, and no acknowledgement of this potential cause by RW feels wrong to me.

Nige

Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:44

So, three pages of going absolutely nowhere (and now this one) and you disagree?
Like I said, open another when there is something to discuss.
Not hard Nigel.

Date: 31 January, 2020 14:01

Hi Admin

Yes sorry I do disagree, because most threads are about 'nothing' they are about opinions and thoughts of the supporters.
The only reason there isn't fact in the thread is because there hasn't been anything announced by the club, and that's now the main part of the issue to debate and discuss.

I feel this is an important issue where we should be allowed to air our thoughts despite the lack of info coming from the Club.
By closing the thread you give the impression of dismissing the issue of a missing head coach or the lack of communication about it, and actually its arguably one of the most important things to happen in the club since we started playing this season, wouldn't you agree?

You do a good job which is appreciated and you do it for the love it, but I do disagree with you on this one.... and its also 'not hard' to leave it open either.(Sm128)

Nige

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 14:01

Nige, I regret to say that I have to agree with Admin because, as he says, the three pages of comments made so far have achieved nothing, so a fresh push for clarification doesnít seem likely to be any more successful. Those who matter at the club canít have failed to be aware of the Supportersí dissatisfaction but have chosen to keep schtum.
The one thing you can count on, however, will be that the Fansí Forum on Tuesday evening will surely provide an opportunity for the question to be asked and for an answer to be given. The preparation by Rowland and Nick will surely have involved preparation for the question, an acknowledgement of it and of the Supportersí right to ask it, and a reasonable answer.
Unfortunately I canít be there on the night, so Iím hoping others will enlighten me!

Date: 31 January, 2020 14:07

Hi Cliff..
I just think that Admin is possibly missing the point about what the board is here for.. Its a 'chat room' to chat about things and a 'forum' to allow supporters to discuss whatever they want in a civil and polite way.

If a thread dies its death because there is nothing new to add then so be it> But just as long as there is nothing legally challenging or abusive contained in the thread I don't feel its admins place to just close it denying us the opportunity to debate and chat about the situation.eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 31/01/2020 14:10 by Nige H.

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 14:22

Quote:
Nige H
Hi Cliff..
I just think that Admin is possibly missing the point about what the board is here for.. Its a 'chat room' to chat about things and a 'forum' to allow supporters to discuss whatever they want in a civil and polite way.

A point I've raised several times myself Nige.

Maybe the Walshe subject is yet to be resolved, and won't be by this forum (what is?), but views on the matter, and the club's handling of it, become more likely the longer the situation goes on.

There are actually less posts on the subject than on the Ampthill result, and we certainly couldn't change that - was that shut down?

Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 08:45

With 6200 plus views of the previous thread there certainly would seem to be an interest in this topic

Posted by: Straightout (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 10:19

Knowing how driven Rowland is to take us to the top I am sure the new head coach will have been extensively researched and he will believe is the right man to take us to the next level. We have all concluded Cov canít say anything or they would have done. Yes we are in a state of limbo, feel a little detached and hurt maybe but we canít control the situation so I am excited about the announcement when it comes. I think RW will look at forwards coach too.. think I read LDs contract is up at the end of the season, if he is good enough he will stay. New head coach may want his own man with RWs agreement. Anthony Allen I think seems a good appointment.. but it takes a season to embed what he wants..I think the debate is why canít the club tell us Walshe has left but the counter debate is no matter how many times itís written on here itís not going to alter the situation so why go over it again and again.. but of course all views are fine etc and it will die off eventually. I am excited about who we may get.. when asked on Tuesday RW May say he canít tell us anything until terms agreed.. that could take an hour up of the debate. It is as Nige said a major gap in our club not having a coach but the club will know how we feel not knowing. Blackett seems to be the only name in the frame at the mo.. rumour mills.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 10:21 by Straightout.

Date: 01 February, 2020 13:04

Yes.. the thread was just as much about not having a head coach as it was the lack of communication.
Iíve also never had an expectation that anything on here would mean a change of policy or make a difference as such. (Although Chris has taken things onboard, which is great) .. but my point is thatís not the point of the board!
Threads like this are about supporters being able to speculate, chat or debate about the heck ya going on, wether it be performances, new signings etc
I mean thereís a thread about a Ďnew groundí for goodness sake which is just pure chat! We have a ground and thatís where we are staying! And thatís not been closed! Where the value in that thread?
Anyhow Iím glad this one has been left open, and hopefully we will have some sort of light shed on the situation on Tuesday..

Nige

Posted by: abdabs (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 19:23

For crying out loud. When the club are ready they will tell us. If the same people wish to go round in circles admin can you set up a chat just for them!. Totally agree with your actions. Bored of the same old same old.

GREAT WIN TODAY.

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 11:38

Lee Blackett the guy from wasps who was rumoured to be replacing Walshe (on the now closed thread) has been appointed Wasps interim head coach with Dai Young stepping down, so if it is to be him it wonít be anytime too soon!

Date: 11 February, 2020 12:41

Thanks for your thoughts adbads, but thereís an easy answer, if your bored of a thread, donít read it!! ...And let us who want to chat or go around in circles do so... :-)
Nige

Date: 11 February, 2020 12:58

Quote:
CovBlueLou
Lee Blackett the guy from wasps who was rumoured to be replacing Walshe (on the now closed thread) has been appointed Wasps interim head coach with Dai Young stepping down, so if it is to be him it wonít be anytime too soon!

You'll incur the wrath of certain parties if you dare to speculate on the subject of our coaching situation.

At least Wasps have kept their supporters posted winking smiley

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 13:18

Quote:
Rob C
Quote:
CovBlueLou

You'll incur the wrath of certain parties if you dare to speculate on the subject of our coaching situation.

At least Wasps have kept their supporters posted winking smiley

I was fearful in posting the above! : s

Posted by: abdabs (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 14:19

Thanks for your thoughts adbads, but thereís an easy answer, if your bored of a thread, donít read it!! ...And let us who want to chat or go around in circles do so... :-)
Nige

The fact it took you ten days to reply means you must be getting bored now as well Nigel 🤣🤣. Round and round and round.....

Shame about Blackett though. Have heard good reports about him.

Date: 11 February, 2020 19:16

You should never make assumptions...
I could also be that Iíve had more important stuff going on. Like not being made redundant at work, and then going away on holiday and having patchy internet connection...

And the thing was never about being bored etc I just found it fustrating and odd that of all the speculative and chatty threads on here, it was one on an active and relevant subject (IMO) that got closed. Anyhow Iím past that now..

Nige

Posted by: covkid53 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 09:04

As interesting as all this is, there are probably personal, contractual, employment, data protection, legal or other rules preventing Cov from making a statement about the current Walshe situation. Isn't it enough he's gone ? Doesn't that explain a lot in itself ?

Date: 12 February, 2020 09:17

Quote:
covkid53
As interesting as all this is, there are probably personal, contractual, employment, data protection, legal or other rules preventing Cov from making a statement about the current Walshe situation. Isn't it enough he's gone ? Doesn't that explain a lot in itself ?

As has been speculated several times already on this board...

Speculation, however, explains nothing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net