Back to rugby: Team v Carnegie...
Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 16:26

Good to see Nayolo and Oram start. Very strong bench.

[www.coventryrugby.co.uk]

Re: Back to rugby: Team v Carnegie...
Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 17:09

A case of giving a few some extra gametime while resting a few. But over all a strong squad for tomorrow.

A great opportunity to win and deliver a bonus point.

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:55

It would be a major surprise if Cov didn't get the win.

The Carnegie lads will keep going until the end, look to compete and keep it as close as we can for as long as we can.

Posted by: titchywinger (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 21:59

All change in the centres again. Owen and Knox for the last two tough games. Owen on the bench tomorrow despite scoring and Knox on the wing even though the returning Forsyth has played on the wing for Leicester this season. Oh for some continuity. I have no statistics, but have we fielded a settled centre combination all season? I doubt it. Maybe a reason why we have not fired on all cylinders in attack this season?

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 08:31

As season ticket holders, this was a game we were going to miss due to another commitment. But after the arrogance and contempt the RFU has shown the Championship and the Leagues below; we will now be attending having revised our schedules.

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 10:08

Quote:
titchywinger
All change in the centres again. Owen and Knox for the last two tough games. Owen on the bench tomorrow despite scoring and Knox on the wing even though the returning Forsyth has played on the wing for Leicester this season. Oh for some continuity. I have no statistics, but have we fielded a settled centre combination all season? I doubt it. Maybe a reason why we have not fired on all cylinders in attack this season?

Every week is a selection lottery which, as you say must surely affect continuity.

Date: 15 February, 2020 11:53

The weather will be more of a leveller between the two, but Cov should have far too much for YC. In their 11 league matches so far their opponents have all secured the try bonus point. Obviously Cov were the ones who gave them their solitary try BP. Anything other than a 5 point win and NOT giving YC any kind of bonus point will be a disappointing day.

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 12:03

Quote:
Wazeroonie
The weather will be more of a leveller between the two, but Cov should have far too much for YC. In their 11 league matches so far their opponents have all secured the try bonus point. Obviously Cov were the ones who gave them their solitary try BP. Anything other than a 5 point win and NOT giving YC any kind of bonus point will be a disappointing day.

Agree totally, it has to be a 5-0 surely but conditions, YC having an extra week off, half of Namibia imported so fresh players, newish coach etc, pressures all on Cov today!
Donít let us down boys!

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 12:05

Iím guarding against complacency. They have brought in three international Namibian players who, Iím sure, will be no mugs. And theyíve got Phil Davies in charge, who was the DoR in Namibia.

Date: 15 February, 2020 12:52

Quote:
CharlieBravo
Iím guarding against complacency. They have brought in three international Namibian players who, Iím sure, will be no mugs. And theyíve got Phil Davies in charge, who was the DoR in Namibia.

Yes true, and it's nice to see that they've brought the Namibian weather with themthumbs down

Posted by: leemingtyke (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 12:56

Yep, we've brought in three Namibians, two of whom are in the match day 23.

I don't think anyone expects us to suddenly start winning, I think they're here to set the standard in training and help the young lads as we prepare for going into a very tough league next season.

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 10:00

Quote:
leemingtyke
Yep, we've brought in three Namibians, two of whom are in the match day 23.
I don't think anyone expects us to suddenly start winning, I think they're here to set the standard in training and help the young lads as we prepare for going into a very tough league next season.

I spoke to a few Carnegie supporters yesterday and they were all very affable and balanced people. Clearly they are not at all happy with how the administration and financing (or lack of) of their cub has been handled, but they remain dedicated to their team and were generous in respect of their plight and of the other Championship teams. It was a pleasure to meet and to chat with them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net