sky interview Ceo Bill Sweeney of RFU
Posted by: bigm/ mark harrison. (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 13:43

[www.skysports.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 13:48 by bigm/ mark harrison..

Re: sky interview Ceo Bill Sweeney of RFU
Date: 15 February, 2020 13:50

[www.skysports.com]

Ampthill reaction to rfu

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 13:59 by bigm/ mark harrison..

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 15:22

Does CEO stand for b*llsh*t artist never heard so much@#$%&I all my life

Posted by: Covexile (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 17:35

Does the RFU believe that Premiership Academies are better at developing young talent than the clubs in the Championship? How many serious matches are those players allowed at Prem level, compared with the chance to play week in, week out in the 2nd tier?

Sweeney spoke about NL1 clubs giving young players chances. Wouldn't he wish those players to be in a higher league instead, i.e. the Championship?

There's a welfare issue: Premiership players whose contracts are terminated often play on to good effect in the Championship, as we know at Cov. What'll happen to those guys when Champ clubs can't afford their wages?

It's accepted that the parachute payment for the relegated Prem club to dominate the Championship is an advantage. Well, it's a huge one!

It made me laugh when Sweeney said he'd like Championship clubs to pay players more -- so we're cutting their funding by 40%!

Date: 15 February, 2020 17:48

The RFU are not only shafting every club and player below the Premiership they are screwing Premiership players who want to drop down a league (one is Tom Wood) who now could be without a club

Date: 15 February, 2020 17:48

The RFU are not only shafting every club and player below the Premiership they are screwing Premiership players who want to drop down a league (one is Tom Wood) who now could be without a club

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 19:07

Like a lot of bosses these days they think they can come out with any old bullshit and be believed.

Date: 15 February, 2020 19:38

I thought I would say this but I have come across a organisation worse than SISU its the RFU .

Date: 16 February, 2020 10:16

Now to be known as Sweeney Todd..known for his cuts.

Posted by: Peter Redhead (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 11:00

Some brilliant articles in the Rugby Paper today, all agreeing that Sweeney and co have made a huge blunder. Understand that there is a planned demonstration at Twikenham in support of the Championship Clubs and removal of the present RFU board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net