New Signings
Posted by: DMBCRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 15:46

As we see a number of new signings for Ealing, Doncaster, Jersey, Hartpury and the two Tuilangi's to Scottish are we going to announce any signings soon, its a tad worrying given the current climate that we have released nothing.

Re: New Signings
Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 16:13

I would be happy with the retained list - we dont even know that.

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 18:51

Quote:
HoboAl
I would be happy with the retained list - we dont even know that.

Just to point out, we don't even know if there will be a Championship season starting in 2020, nor under what financial conditions it will be played.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/06/2020 18:54 by OldNick.

Date: 18 June, 2020 20:52

[quote OldNick][quote HoboAl]I would be happy with the retained list - we dont even know that.[/quote]

Just to point out, we don't even know if there will be a Championship season starting in 2020, nor under what financial conditions it will be played.[/qu4ote]

Contracts end. Some players are still under contract. Your point is irrelevant. I am asking about players retained or still under contract, not new signings.

I am educated in economics thankyou and have managerial experience opening new business ventures and setting and working to budgets.
I understand the difficult situation and challenges the club face with; RFU funding cuts and now the lack of income from the coronavirus situation.

If we have a squad of 14 we have a squad of 14. If there are legitimate reasons for not announcing the current squad make a statement. Fans are not stupid or unsympathetic. But if the club are selling season tickets and as you say; dont know when the season will start end or under what financial or spectator conditions...then perphaps what the basic squad is isnt too much to ask?

I have been donating to the club on a monthly basis since rugby stopped and will continue to do so. I will renew my two adult season tickets. The season has ended. All I want is some common courtesy, these are the players currently who will still be with us next year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2020 07:03 by HoboAl.

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 22:27

At this time of the season I'm normally champing at the bit for news about the squad, and getting a right old bee in my bonnet in the process when little or no news was forthcoming. This summer I'm far more relaxed. The squad will be what it will be. RW and the coaches will work within their financial parameters to assemble the best squad they can, and hopefully they perform well on the pitch. Whether or not they will play in front of fans or play at all this year another story.

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 23:30

Quote:
Wazeroonie
At this time of the season I'm normally champing at the bit for news about the squad, and getting a right old bee in my bonnet in the process when little or no news was forthcoming. This summer I'm far more relaxed. The squad will be what it will be. RW and the coaches will work within their financial parameters to assemble the best squad they can, and hopefully they perform well on the pitch. Whether or not they will play in front of fans or play at all this year another story.
Funnily enough, I've just said pretty much the same elsewhere.

Date: 19 June, 2020 07:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2020 07:34 by HoboAl.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net