Re: Offy: Season Tickets 2020/2021
Posted by: Paul Ingleston (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 16:36

Thanks for doing the linky thing Kimbo!

Paul

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 16:57

It is understandable in the current situation that the club needs season ticket money coming in. But when fans don't know when the season will begin or end or whether they will be able to actually attend games; purchasing will be a big ask of some fans?

For me the club should have at least published the players retained list before advertising season tickets..

Posted by: DMBCRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 17:01

I must congratulate Coventry here, had I not taken one of the crowd funding season ticket I would definitely of taken up the Direct Debit option, it'll spread the cost for the club and also think it will also encourage fans to take up season tickets.

Good to see some forward thinking!

Posted by: Wazeroonie (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2020 21:30

There's about 11 weeks until what would be the first match of the season, who knows what will happen by then- if anything. If people are unsure as to who will be playing for Cov or how spectating will work (or not) they don't have to renew or buy their season tickets until just before the season starts (or August 5th for DD payments). There is only a £10 difference between the Earlybird and Standard prices.

I like that the club have been proactive with regards to the structure of what happens if the club unfortunately does have to play games behind closed doors.

Posted by: Moosemagic (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 09:57

Regarding the start of the "new" season, Sarries have to be thrown into the equation, they have to complete their remaining Premiership games before they are relegated to the Championship.
The Premier league is probably restarting in mid Aug and teams have 9 remaining games, so 1 game per week will take them till mid October. I would imagine they will then have a minimum of a 4 week lay off before the next season starts so that takes us into the middle of November.
So in my opinion the new season can not start before November unless the RFU devise an alternative method? or the end of the current Premier league campaign runs straight into the new campaign without any breaks.

Phil Reynolds

Posted by: longford tim (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 11:10

How can anyone honestly think about signings, retainment and releases when nobody even knows how long safe guarding is going to continue? No income from rugby union, football rugby league, conferences, bar takings, World powerlifting, beer festivals. How deep does anyone think poor old Jon's pockets are? Come on everyone, get real, and lets all evaluate when things get back to a semblance of normality

Posted by: tonker (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 14:49

has anyone tried to renew their season tickets following the link on the club website?
i've tried several times but system does not recognise my bar code numbers. that said the bar code ha s a series of numbers eg 9 623436 200000-would be helpful to know if we put all this in or part. several combinations have been tried but cant get past the first stage!

Posted by: Paul Ingleston (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 15:16

Tonker,
Sorry to hear you’re having difficulties at your renewal. Can only suggest that you drop an email to the enquires address. At the moment this is likely to be picked up by one of the skeleton staff working. I suggest you add a contact tel number to your email and, in continued difficulties, your renewal could be done over the phone.

Hope this helps

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/06/2020 17:03 by Paul Ingleston.

Posted by: allthegear (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 17:48

It works, one has to enter all 13 numbers m, including the one far left!

Date: 19 June, 2020 17:51

Quote:
longford tim
How can anyone honestly think about signings, retainment and releases when nobody even knows how long safe guarding is going to continue? No income from rugby union, football rugby league, conferences, bar takings, World powerlifting, beer festivals. How deep does anyone think poor old Jon's pockets are? Come on everyone, get real, and lets all evaluate when things get back to a semblance of normality

Last year we had a squad of around 36 players. With RFU cuts of around £288,000 and an estimated average wage of £28,000 in the Championship - it means the loss of 10 to 15 players to make up the shortfall.

The club have said we will have a reduced squad, so I am guessing around 22-24 players. That will be supplement by development, under 18's and loans. We have 14 currently under contract for next year. I am guessing due to awards and recent videos Dan Lewis and Sam McNulty will be with us so 16.

There are players like the Bulumakau's, Ram, Woolford, Trimble, Ellis, Denman, Tolmie, Dawaduik, Dacres whose contracts are up. Along with Kessell, Nutely and Halaifonua.

We know the squad is going to be younger. So nobody will be expecting all the above to be retained it is not possible.

Publishing the retained list is just that. Who the club already have under contract and anyone else they have given a new contract to so far.

Nobody is expecting miracles at at time like this. Nobody should be expecting Jon Sharp to do it all. But a clear picture from the club might actually make fans realise how important their help is.

The crowdfunder raised around £35,000 from around 295 donations. With many making more than one donation possibly around 200 people.. However 2,000 Cov fans donating £13 a month over the same 3 month period could have raised £78,000 for the club.

Posted by: OldNick (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 22:01

Publishing the retained list may not be as easy or as desirable as you think.

Players who had years remaining on multi-year contracts. Yes, probably fine to list, but...

Players who were on final years, or single year contracts that were being retained may be a lot more difficult to announce. The season normally ends and restarts with a fairly short break, most of which is taken as leave, for recovery. This year there has been a massive break, which may well yet last another six months.

Given that there was a couple of months uncertainty both financially and structurally before the season came to an end, at the time when new contract negotiations would normally be being completed, it is very likely that the contracts for the new season did not take the same form as usual. If the club was thinking wisely it may well have offered a retainer arrangement, to keep the players and club linked, to be followed by a more normal playing contract system, to be signed when and if a date for a restart is known.

In that case, there would be no playing contract for returning players, at this time, and therefore nothing yet to be announced. The club does not announce players who have not yet signed a playing contract.

Joining players might well be under similar arrangeements. In practical terms with a 9+ month inter-season gap there is very little difference between a returning player under a new contract, apart from sentiment and goodwill, and a newly joining player.

Date: 20 June, 2020 07:58

That is a fair point Nick and one that had crossed my mind. But I see no reason why the club couldnt make a similar statement?

Also they sort of inferred we were going to be told last week and I wasn't alone in thinking that.

But it is what it is I suppose. Personally I am not expecting new faces at the club the way RFU cuts followed by Covid has unfolded and as you say the situation will go on for months yet.

I think we will rely on loans a lot this season. Not ideal but the importamt thing is the club weathers the storm..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/06/2020 08:00 by HoboAl.

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 12:19

Is there an account that I can just transfer the money for a season ticket into rather than mess around with direct debits

Date: 20 June, 2020 13:32

Quote:
Mick J Shaw
Is there an account that I can just transfer the money for a season ticket into rather than mess around with direct debits

Are you wanting to pay by instalments but not by direct debit?

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 14:40

Quote:
Wazeroonie
Quote:
Mick J Shaw

No I want to pay the lot in one go , might as pay for it rather than mess about, or could I just send a cheque for the full amount

Date: 20 June, 2020 15:07

Quote:
Mick J Shaw
Quote:
Wazeroonie
Quote:
Mick J Shaw

No I want to pay the lot in one go , might as pay for it rather than mess about, or could I just send a cheque for the full amount

You can pay in full using debit/credit card online, I've just renewed mine and my wife's. You don't have to pay in instalments by direct debit if you don't want to. You'd need to email the club for info if you wanted to pay by cheque.

Posted by: tonker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2020 16:35

have today managed to renew both our season tickets on line, my thanks to allthegear for his advice re entering the bar code from last years tickets.

Posted by: CovBlueLou (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 10:36

At what age does concessions apply at on season tickets?

Posted by: longford tim (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2020 10:55

I know somebody very well who got concession at 60 years old. I have not heard of any difference regarding senior citizen status, but maybe the club might have other ideas for increasing revenue to help stabilise the club

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net