Current Page: 1 of 2
Rowland on BBC CWR
Posted by: John Butler (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 09:22

I understand Rowland will be speaking with Clive Eakin this afternoon on BBC CWR

Re: Rowland on BBC CWR
Posted by: Chris Wearmouth (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 12:55

2:30

Posted by: telly1 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2020 17:13

IMO, Clive Eykin is a bit simple and knows nothing much about rugby union, cricket or sport.
Just a broadcaster.
Will not get a good coverage of the facts and what fans really want to hear.
Typicaly a poor local radio station standard and always has been.
Bit like, that other guy, John Butner, yes, the one who insisted repeatedly that Andrew Green was the best thing since sliced bread.
Oh Dear.
Cov really need to up their game and get top pro advice on PR and Media coverage for the coming campaign.
If ring fencing comes and we are a candidate for inclusion into PR then we must to ensure we are, top of class, in our presentation to anyone looking in at us.
Currently, not the case, nice guys and all that, but time is up now and they all should simply fade away and enjoy the memories.
Comn COV.

Posted by: Egg Timer (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 09:52

Wow.

Posted by: neilbrown68 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 13:45

Dear Telly1, Quite unbelievable. Frankly, i am ashamed and embarrassed that you call yourself a Coventry Rugby fan/supporter! Clive and John are, like many others, heart and soul Cov Rugby. They may not be perfect, but who is!? Perhaps you? Do i see you volunteering your expert services for PR/Media? Thought not! The thing that consoles me is that i'm almost entirely certain only you could come up with this post What annoys me is you constantly putting off potential supporters/sponsors. Regards, Neil.

Posted by: Back Row Col (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 14:57

This is my first post been reading these for years and now decided to have a go myself. I have been a Cov fan since my school days in the 70's although telly is entitled to his opinion its a great shame its insulting and upsets people a more positive post that helps the club or our supporters would be a lot more helpful. I just wanted to add i know these are exceptional times but i was still shocked to learn 19 players are leaving and possibly a few more top of my wish list 2props a speedy winger and i hope to see Dan Lewis get a run in the 10 shirt. Take care fellow fans hope we are back cheering on the mighty Cov before to long cheers Colin

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 16:39

People still rising to it...

Posted by: Rob C (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 17:24

(Sm156)

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 17:43

Ye gods, surely he ought to be close to being banned from this board for his shameless arrogance combined with total negativity which have, for a long time now, resulted in frightful ranting.

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 20:42

Quote:
telly1
IMO, Clive Eykin is a bit simple and knows nothing much about rugby union, cricket or sport.
Just a broadcaster.
Will not get a good coverage of the facts and what fans really want to hear.
Typicaly a poor local radio station standard and always has been.
Bit like, that other guy, John Butner, yes, the one who insisted repeatedly that Andrew Green was the best thing since sliced bread.
Oh Dear.
Cov really need to up their game and get top pro advice on PR and Media coverage for the coming campaign.
If ring fencing comes and we are a candidate for inclusion into PR then we must to ensure we are, top of class, in our presentation to anyone looking in at us.
Currently, not the case, nice guys and all that, but time is up now and they all should simply fade away and enjoy the memories.
Comn COV.

Good old John Butner eh?

Now who was talking about people being simple and not knowing anything?

Date: 15 July, 2020 22:19

Guys, it simply is not worth rising to it.
The person concerned as has been said before can only hide behind a dark cloak & remain anonymous.
You will each have your suspicions as to who the person actually is.
I certainly have mine.

Posted by: Kimbo (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2020 23:19

Quote:
John Butler
Guys, it simply is not worth rising to it.
The person concerned as has been said before can only hide behind a dark cloak & remain anonymous.
You will each have your suspicions as to who the person actually is.
I certainly have mine.
Not hard John.

Posted by: longford tim (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 07:28

I haven't got a clue who telly1 is, I only know I would not like to be next to him in a pub

Posted by: Mick J Shaw (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 08:48

If people know who telly1 is then please identify him, I dont want to be standing next to him or be associated with him or her

Posted by: CharlieBravo (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 13:02

I’ve always held to a maxim - “would I go and stand at the bar and have a drink with him?” In the case of telly1? Unequivocally NO.

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 15:46

Quote:
Back Row Col
This is my first post been reading these for years and now decided to have a go myself. I have been a Cov fan since my school days in the 70's although telly is entitled to his opinion its a great shame its insulting and upsets people a more positive post that helps the club or our supporters would be a lot more helpful. I just wanted to add i know these are exceptional times but i was still shocked to learn 19 players are leaving and possibly a few more top of my wish list 2props a speedy winger and i hope to see Dan Lewis get a run in the 10 shirt. Take care fellow fans hope we are back cheering on the mighty Cov before to long cheers Colin

Welcome to posting. I too am a big Dan Lewis fan and hope he gets his chance. RW did say a few more had to what he would normally like - but the RFU cuts, covid ending the season early and the club still dont know when the fans can come back in so a triple whammy. Remember the RFU cuts equate to 10 players on average Championship wage of £25,000. Also the RFU have yet to confirm what the club will actually receive in funding - so cuts could be potentially more?

On a positive when things start to get back to normal there will still be players looking for a contract. We also have some good young talent waiting in the wings. Coventry rugby will get through it I am sure.

Posted by: Back Row Col (IP Logged)
Date: 16 July, 2020 21:39

Thanks for the welcome yes i agree with you and the cold hard facts. I to are hopeful that this is the season we see some young ones shine i guess i am just a bit sad a lot of my favourite players will no longer be putting on the Cov shirt but it was the best thing the club ever did to start building from the youth level upwards when previous funds allowed cheers Colin

Posted by: Cov_InPeace (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 12:58

I don’t know, I always thought that John Bugner came across pretty well. Held his own against Frazier and Ali in the 70s as I very vaguely recall, and I was always jealous of those curly blond locks...

That John Butler though... well I wouldn’t know where to start. smiling smiley

Telly1, here’s a bit of free advice. Criticism is fair enough, but the way you frame it needs a lot of work. The net result is that I suspect that no one takes what you’re saying particularly seriously. That is a pity because it would be boring if we all had the same opinions.

I wouldn’t presume to speak for anyone else, but at the risk of embarrassing the bloke my heart rises when I hear JB on the radio. His love of the club, his knowledge, and his fundamental decency just shine through. Listening to him trying extremely hard not to criticise a ref when clearly busting to criticise a ref is always a highlight! Rugby values, I think it’s called.

The fact that he looks for the best in people on and off the pitch should tell you everything you need to know about his character. Maybe you should try it.

Date: 17 July, 2020 14:20

Thanks, hopefully a bit of life left in me for whenever the season starts !

Posted by: HoboAl (IP Logged)
Date: 17 July, 2020 18:25

Quote:
John Butler
Thanks, hopefully a bit of life left in me for whenever the season starts !

John, there are few gentlemen left in sport. You are one of them. I waa a loud mouth behind you at Ealing. But at least I got some of them to sit down so you coulld match report. I respect you because you have so much factual knowledge about Cov Rugby. It would be an honour to share the studio with you on the Alec Blackman Show.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net