Pre-season friendlies
Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 19 August, 2019 17:05

The club have released a match reportfor the Taunton game, in which Albion prevailed 33-14.

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

There aren't a lot of words, but there are plenty of pictures.

I would be curious to know who actually played, and how the "new faces" went.

Re: Pre-season friendlies
Posted by: ianbol (IP Logged)
Date: 21 August, 2019 10:02

I was thinking the same thing.

Date: 23 August, 2019 12:01

The squad announced for the Exeter Uni game.

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

Drucker and Perica are included, and others.....
Scott Makepeace being one and Olly Mulberry and Troy Gobey as well.

Good Luck to the lads on Sunday.

Date: 25 August, 2019 18:48

Albion were victorious in a high scoring game 50 - 33 over Exeter Uni.

The try scorers were Ducker (2), Salter, Jewsbury, Pullinger, Mulberry, Raumakita, and Perica.
Mugford converted 4 and Eastgate 1.

I don't recall Devon Jewsbury being mentioned in Albion despatches recently. He was/is an Exeter Academy player wasn't he.

Posted by: Commando joe (IP Logged)
Date: 26 August, 2019 14:53

Not a bad performance on the park , spoiled in the bars by the over priced beers. pub over the road is popular with Regular Albion supporters pre and post match. 🍻🍻

Date: 27 August, 2019 11:52

A "match report" for the Exeter Uni game has been posted on the offy site ....... well, really the score and some pics. Not much detail coming out. I wonder why.

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2019 11:29

Following the post re the prices for food and drink for the friendly they are quoted on the "Supporters of Albion " site and one other I read that beer was 4.50 a pint, all bottles were 5, a pint of lemonade was 3 and it's 4 for a pasty. Perhaps someone who attended the game can elaborate on this ? we need to make a profit for the club of course but did someone press the wrong button when coming up with these numbers ? I hope so, as this is not good for our supporters and for the club going on surely.

Not quite the same situation I know but you can get a 500 ml. tin of Doom Bar from a store fore about 1.40 !!

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: Commando joe (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2019 17:00

Noibla, further to the drink prices, was told last night in the Stoke Inn, Albion lagers 5 a pint, bitter 4.75 Guinness 4.95, a bitter shandy mostly lemonade a 5. Will check it out at the Bishop Stortford game. Also mentioned that the Shakespeare and the Lounge is now the pre and post match drinks venue. If theses prices are true, hate to say it but will probably join the Shakespeare crew.

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 31 August, 2019 10:54

The challenge here is that it's not a like for like comparison in the different prices in various pubs with those at the club as I se it.

On the one hand it's a pub with rates for that building along with a wage bill etc against the clubs outgoings of possible rates, rent, leasing fees ? and of course a wage bill for both office and other associated permanent staff along with the coaching staff and not forgetting players wages with which we need to try to pay for the best possible return for the money available to ensure a successful season to attract the supporters to all the games.

And of course whilst the pubs are open seven days a week for business, perhaps 365 days a year we have just the fifteen home games and a cuople of frendlies per season in which to make money whilst paying the playing and coaching staff for some eight months or so and other staff for functions for outside occasions during the whole year whenever needed, all of which is supplemented by sponsorship for the club over the playing period.

It could well be a rather onesided comparrison to make, the end product is poles apart I feel.

Semper Sersum.

Posted by: BALION PREDATOR (IP Logged)
Date: 31 August, 2019 16:54

It is becoming an expensive half day to watch a game of rugby for families as well as individuals , part of a reason the gate numbers aint brilliant .

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Date: 31 August, 2019 16:55

And we are all way off the TOPIC

(Sm72)

Posted by: King Albion (IP Logged)
Date: 01 September, 2019 00:40

How much are they charging for Topics then BP?!

Date: 01 September, 2019 09:02

(Sm6)(Sm6)(Sm6)

You can post a Topic on here , and they are full of various nuts, mainly Hazelnut (in every bite) as it says on the packet .

Another item reduced in size and increased in cost thumbs upthumbs up

(Sm72)

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net