Current Page: 1 of 2
Sale v PARFC
Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 10:44

Albion have announced their (provisional) team for the match against Sale along with a match preview.

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

As indicated, there are a few changes to the team.

Sale sit 11th on the table on 48 points and have had a rather tough January with 3 away matches (all losses - against OE, Rosslyn Park and Blackheath) and a solitary home game (a win against Canterbury). December also saw them win just one match and lose 3. However, despite there results they have scored numerous tries in recent matches.

Could be a high scoring game and Sale will be tough to beat at home.

I hope Albion come back with 5 points.

Re: Sale v PARFC
Posted by: baatalbion (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 12:19

In their current form Albion will be full of confidence, especially after that great result last Saturday. JS seems to have got their mind-set right and, although going away at Sale will be challenging, this will be an excellent test of the squad's resolve and togetherness. Here's to another win!

Date: 31 January, 2020 19:47

Sale have announced their team and have a game preview

[www.salefc.com]

In summary it seems that they are frustrated with recent games, talking up their players, and hoping for a win.

Posted by: Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 20:26

Not a good start to the weekend. Coach broke down before it left the city!

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 14:22

Looking at the video of the Sale -Blackheath game it looks as if after 60 minutes Sale were knackered
and they were walking back into position as the ball was played from one side of the pitch to the other allowing plenty of room for an opposition try followed by two more. Perhaps an opening for Albion to take advantage of in the later stages if necessary with their fitness ?

Posted by: stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 14:28

Sale FC 5-3 PRAFC @ 21 mins.

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

Date: 01 February, 2020 14:47

Sale FC 12-13 PARFC @ HT.

Early pen from Connor, tries by JK and Josh.

Date: 01 February, 2020 15:41

Sale FC 19-18 PARFC @ 60 mins.

Try: Salts.

Pretty blowy up North (behind us 2nd half), so no conversions so far... Sale coming at us, but the boys are keeping them out for the moment.

Date: 01 February, 2020 15:42

Sale FC 26-25 PARFC @ 80 mins.

Still running with Albion in poseesion...

Date: 01 February, 2020 15:44

Sale FC 26-25 PARFC @ FT (5-2).

Fourth try was by Josh again.

Date: 01 February, 2020 20:48

So near but yet so far (but still 2 points).

Posted by: BALION PREDATOR (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 09:36

A valliant effort by all accounts , 2 points added from afar , well done (Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)(Sm152)

mid table now and 9 games to enjoy ,win or lose (Sm160)

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Posted by: Albifan20 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 16:49

shame to lose this one but we take some positives that we thought till the very end, could have won it on another day and took away 2bp. on to the next game

Forwards win games, backs decide by how much Come on Albion!!!!

Posted by: Cynical Sid (IP Logged)
Date: 02 February, 2020 17:35

A coach breakdown, a VERY late (possibly early morning?) arrival at hotel, a pitch that could have substituted for the Somme in a movie (a Sale tactic to stop our speedsters?!?!?!) and still the boys come home with 2 points. Shows great character and determination. Well done chaps

Date: 03 February, 2020 10:30

Albion match report

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 19:13

I see rus played for England U20s and scored a try on Saturday and Sam Morley came on for Exeter on Sunday.

Date: 03 February, 2020 21:48

"a pitch that could have substituted for the Somme in a movie"

We should be a bit careful re complaints about playing surfaces - just cast your minds back to Brickfields when Cinderford came calling at Christmas. The 3G boys from Roehampton won't have been too impressed with conditions underfoot last week, either.

Twitter and the match report show that there was never much in it for all 80 mins. I know the weather wasn't great and I'm certainly not having a pop at Connor, but just one more conversion would have put the result in our favour. Like the multiple calls back to Sandy Park, we have to take it all on the chin and look ahead.

Posted by: Clinical Sid (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 08:46

SHA My comment was just that, a comment, not a complaint. Merely reflecting the conditions they had to play in. If you have seen the pictures of the pitch you would see the players boots disappearing in the mud that must have made it difficult. Same for both sides I know, but couple that with everything else that went on.....!

Posted by: Commando joe (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 14:25

What else went on Cynical Sid,🤔🤔

Posted by: Cynical Sid (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 16:54

CJ Nothing untoward just coach breaking down, arriving early morning at hotel which surely didn't help.

Current Page: 1 of 2
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net