Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 15:40

I set this thread up as a generic - hoping that there will be a few more

Josh Skelcey is another signing up until 2022 - joining Connor Eastgate

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

Re: Players re-signing
Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 19:20

That's good news, shows the club are thinking of the future.

Posted by: Albifan20 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 23:21

another positive step taken early on by the club. How many of the current squad were under contract for next in lieu of josh and Connor in anycase?

Forwards win games, backs decide by how much Come on Albion!!!!

Date: 18 February, 2020 15:00

Dan Pullinger has renewed his contract and will be with Albion till 2022! great news

Posted by: Derek Bartrop (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 18:28

Is it true Albion are facing a winding up order on Wednesday ? . If so, why are we signing up players now.

Date: 18 February, 2020 22:36

First ive heard of it to be honest.

Posted by: Dave G/w (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 23:50

Not about players re signing, but seen Dan Mugford played a match tonight for the Taunton Titans this evening. Thought he left Albion to have a break from rugby?

Date: 19 February, 2020 09:03

wasnt he fired for whatever reason along with ben?

Posted by: Dan Mugford (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 09:32

I wouldnít normally do this but....

Firstly Hi Dave,
Iíd say 4 months is a fairly long time and would be perceived as a Ďbreakí wouldnít you? Most of which I have typed with the idea of retiring completely. But in the last weeks I decided Iíd look at giving it a little bit longer to see if I could find the love again.

AlbiFan, no I wasnít fired. The Club and I came to a mutual agreement for me to leave the club back in December. Remember whilst whispers go around, itís probably best to not spread them unless you have all and full information on situations.

Great to see some top players re-signing for the club and that things are going well under Scays.

All the best to you all at Albion! Great fans that Iíve always enjoyed playing for!

Muggy

Date: 19 February, 2020 09:58

no spreading of rumours by me ive only just joined this forum, your leaving under secrecy with nothing said by the club did that.

never the less i wish all the best with taunton.

Date: 19 February, 2020 10:12

Secrecy doesnít spread rumour, comments like yours above questioning being fired, when you have no concrete or substantial information other than something someone else may have said, does.

The club decided they didnít feel the need to announce for whatever reason and I announced on all my social media channels that I was having a break.

All thatís needed to be said was said. Please remember players are all human beings too and whilst you would like to be privy to every part of information to do with the club, sometimeís either party may not want to share it.

I have had a torrid time with injury and some other problems going on off the field that have been difficult. I think the club were potentially paying me a respect by not bringing extra attention to me at a time where I needed space.

Posted by: Dave G/w (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 10:53

Hi Dan, glad you have posted. I agree with you about getting back to the things you love to do. I myself am recovering from a total hip replacement. Been off work now for just nearly 3 months , and canít wait to get back to work. Luckily for me the fire service across the country have rehabilitation centres for us to get us back on our feet physically and mentally. Sometimes itís not the physical part that takes longer but mentally. Glad you put a kit on and played , not going to lie, just wish it was an Albion shirt again. But rugby is rugby and we all love to play, or for some of older now, watch . Wish you the best for the future.

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 11:23

Best of luck for the future Dan, thanks for all the happy memories you gave to all at Albion.

Date: 19 February, 2020 12:10

Thanks for the kind words.

As I said before, I hold you all in very high regard and really enjoyed plying infront of you every week!

I hope I was able to bring you some entertainment and joy during my time on the field.

Who knows what the future holds!

All the best

Muggy

Date: 20 February, 2020 00:26

Good luck in your new endaevours Dan.

I am really pleased that you are giving it another go. You have given rugby, and Albion, a lot over the years.

If you stick with Taunton, and assuming they go up, we may play against you next year.

If it comes to that decisive kick, and you are playing against Albion .... think of us .... and shank it! ☺

Date: 20 February, 2020 00:37

Quote:
Derek Bartrop
Is it true Albion are facing a winding up order on Wednesday ? . If so, why are we signing up players now.

Is it true?

Hopefully not.

LRe: Players re-signing
Posted by: Billy Bryant-Ford (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2020 08:41

Quote:
Dewnansek
Quote:
Derek Bartrop

Is it true?

Hopefully not.

List of hearings here [www.justice.gov.uk]

Re: LRe: Players re-signing
Posted by: Dave g/w (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2020 09:51

Just looked at that , was showing yesterday number 82. Well letís hope it hasnít effected the club

Re: LRe: Players re-signing
Posted by: Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2020 12:56

If you look on companies house. The directors are listed as Venables and priday. Maybe thatís the difference?

Date: 20 February, 2020 20:32

A winding up order action can be started by anyone who believes they are owed money and aren't being paid. As a person with a finance background I have raised many of these, and faced quite a few as well.

I don't know about the details of this claim.

However, I do know that they are often used as "leverage" to try to get a disputed invoice settled. Quite often they come to nothing. The defendant simply has to demonstrate that there is a valid dispute.

Time will tell if this leads to anything.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net