Season done - what next...2020-2021
Posted by: Unofficial Plymouth Albion (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 01:06

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2020 18:30 by Igwok Dominus.

Re: Season done - what next...2020-2021
Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 10:02

A very interesting article, a good read.

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 10:25

Don't delete any rugby you may have on your recordings, watch them through, and then you can watch them again when you are getting desperate for more rugby.

Posted by: stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
Date: 25 March, 2020 11:12

Connor's season highlights:

Youtube.com

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

Posted by: Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
Date: 26 March, 2020 18:29

Whoops! I seem to have forgotten Koree.

Nothing personal - will have to 'fill him in' later.

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 13:22

On a more general level, will there be a 2020/21 season, and how will this be made possible?

Of all sports, rugby .. and particularly the rugby scrum ... set challenges for player safety from Covid-19. Rucks and Mauls don't help either. Rugby is one where social distancing is impossible and close personal contact is inevitable - far more than basketball, soccer, or even rugby league.

Player testing is expensive and even then it does not pick up all of those in the pre-symptomatic stages of the virus.

Will rules be modified for 2020/21? Will we be forced to modify to a set of rules that will mirror the grey shadow of a game that is rugby league? Or do we simply wait?

[www.odt.co.nz]

Answers on a postcard please

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2020 13:29 by Dewnansek.

Posted by: Igwok Dominus (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 00:27

Rule re-write? Here you go... New rules

On a more serious note, I fear many clubs will struggle, especially if they rely on gate income and provided their insurers will allow them to compete next season.

Maybe we will be looking at a 'non-season'

My body is a temple - I desecrate it every day(Sm63)

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net