New "strength fitness and conditioning coach"
Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2020 08:25

From MaxV's latest update

"James Bish has joined our backroom staff leading the team in player fitness, strength and conditioning"

Welcome James! Hopefully he can balance Albions's requirements with those from his existing gym (when that re-opens)

Incidentally, I note that Wyatt James Earp, who is now heading up the KREV gym is complaning on twitter about how there are queues at Macca's (who often don't socially distance) and yet gyms can't yet open even in very controlled circumstances. Fair point.

Persuant to my earlier comment about potential rule changes as a result of Covid-19, World Rugby has approved 10 "optional trial rule changes" for domestic competitions.

"The trials provide limits to scrum options with no scrum resets, limits for players joining rucks and mauls, time to play the ball at the base of scrums and rucks reduced from five to three seconds and only one movement permitted for a maul. "

The fact that these are "optional" has attracted criticism from various quarters who want leadership rather than an "a la carte menu". I tend to agree.

[www.rugbypass.com]

Re: New "strength fitness and conditioning coach"
Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2020 11:46

As regards the new rules we will end with rugby league if we are not careful.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net