16. Akker Van der Merwe
17. Coneie Usrhuizen
18. Will Griff John
19. James Phillips
20. Matt Postlethwaite
21. Gus Warr
22. Luke James
23. Marlon Yarde

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/01/2020 14:15 by Lowerwatha.

Re: Team's up.
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 12:29

Match Officials

Referee: JP Doyle (177th Premiership game).

Assistant Referees: Mike Hudson & Rob Warburton.

TMO: Geoff Warren.

Citing Officer: Paul Hull. ‌

Date: 24 January, 2020 12:32

Weather Forecast

Thick cloud with a moderate breeze

Temperature around 9 degrees

Hopefully good for running rugby!

Posted by: minuteman (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 13:04

This is a proper test of how good our squad is ... they’ll have targeted this one knowing our international players are away .

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 13:40

Interesting lineup against one of our better Prem rivals but still enough quality there that we're more than capable of doing the job.

Date: 24 January, 2020 14:21

They are also missing some key players, Fad de Klerk, Denny Solomona and Tom Curry. Their bench looks a bit thin with a couple of Academy players. Can’t understand why they have not started with Van de Merwe at hooker, he almost beat us on his own at their place.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 15:07

Goo to see Flats and Mcskinner back.
This one could be tight!!

Come on Ex!

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: andy15 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 17:32

Very disappointed and surprised no Don or Kirsten

Posted by: Davenport Sharky (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 23:35

Other good players missing :-Mark Wilson, AJ Maginty , Lood De Jager and Josh Beaumont. Akker just back from injury and I suspect we might not win a line out all match if he was starting. I think our bench is quite strong. The front row replacements are 2 Springboks and Will Griff John who has just joined the Wales squad. Yarde an England international needs no introduction. Postlethwaite and Phillips both represented England at U18 and Warr England U20. Should be a good game but I guess the breeze will mystify us again. Have you ordered hailstones?

Posted by: chief in exile (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 07:22

With 12/13 unavailable players a win would be a great result and the pressure is on Sale. If they believe they are a top 4 team then this is a game they should be winning.

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 08:44

This will be a huge test.
In the past we were not affected by international calls to the degree we are now and we could take advantage,now the boot is on the other foot.....
As we saw last night at Saints the international windows throw up some strange results. The red card and countless injuries and poor Henry Taylor's contribution doing for Saints in the end.
We are missing lots of quality,Sale are missing some as well but not to the extent we are. This is a big chance for them.
We do have a deep squad and this is a real test of it so if I was offered a last minute 1 point victory today I would be very happy to take it now.

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 09:31

I think our injuries will be more of a problem than call ups, suspensions do not help things. But we have the strongest squad yet, and the younger guys are good enough just need to step up as so many have done before. The front row is the real worry at scrum time, need Olly to get his mojo back and we should get through this stern test.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 10:31

Well thanks to Irish we can afford to lose by up to 20 points and still stay top. This should take some of the pressure off us especially as Sale are in danger of being caught by Bristol and Bath, Worcester and Quins could be hanging on their coat tails.

The chance to open up a significant gap during the 6N is one that we really need to grasp and would make things a lot easier now that we are into the European knockout stages though, so i am hoping for a full-on effort this afternoon

Posted by: cornwallchief (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 12:22

You can be sure of a full on effort - just hope we will be able to sneak it Can't get there today so listening on Radio Devon - always a great listen.

Posted by: Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 15:56

Sale looking good, we are shocking. Two tries against us when we are up a man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net