22 Sam Morley
23 Pete Laverick

Re: Teams Up v Quins
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 12:12

Match Officials

Referee: Anthony Woodthorpe

Assistant Referees: Adam Leal and Greg Macdonald

TMO: Keith Lewis and TMO and respectively.

Citing Commissioner: Duncan Bell

Posted by: EXDJ (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 12:14

Quins have made one change to their side who beat Sarries. Robshaw, Dombrandt, Care, Smith all playing...

Date: 31 January, 2020 12:15

Weather Forecast

Light Cloud and a Fresh Breeze, temperature 12 degrees

Date: 31 January, 2020 12:18

Harlequins Starting XV:
1 Santiago Garcia Botta (12)
2 Jack Musk (10)
3 Will Collier (166)
4 Stephan Lewies (13)
5 Matt Symons (37)
6 James Chisholm (84) (VC)
7 Chris Robshaw (289) (C)
8 Alex Dombrandt (39)
9 Danny Care (271) (VC)
10 Marcus Smith (74)
11 Gabriel Ibitoye (35)
12 Paul Lasike (17)
13 Tom Penny (2)
14 Cadan Murley (28)
15 Aaron Morris (40)

Game Changers:
16 Sam Riley (0)
17 Mark Lambert (246)
18 Simon Kerrod (15)
19 Tevita Cavubati (12)
20 Semi Kunatani (20)
21 Martin Landajo (13)
22 Brett Herron (7)
23 Ross Chisholm (117)

Posted by: cornwallchief (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 12:26

Quins team very strong and will give us a difficult test IMO - not confident but will learn quite a lot about some of the chiefs future potential. Hope McSkinner gets through the game unscathed as well as all the front row. No more injuries please. A tough test.

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 12:32

Well done for selecting a team that follows the ethos of this competition.

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 12:33

This is a big game for Quin's and they have a lot of injuries so don't blame them for picking the side they have. They probably don't have much choice......
We have been in this situation before against a stronger team on paper and come out on top and we can again.

Date: 31 January, 2020 12:34

Quote:
tigersimon
Well done for selecting a team that follows the ethos of this competition.
Exactly as Quin's have done you mean?

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:06

With the players we (Quins) have missing (including some academy boys), we dont have much choice tbh!!!

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:11

*looks at Chiefs team* *looks at Quins team* *gulps*

In Rob we trust...here goes...

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:32

We (Quins) could have weakened the pack, in particular the second row, but I think that the only available back not picked (other than academy) is Goneva.

Nic Auterac and Renaldo Bothma are among the six forwards not picked, but we could have gone with Glen Young, Archie White, Phil Swainston and Toby Freeman.

Our working theory is that Gustard's picks reflect who will still be with us next year.

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 13:37

To be fair the first year we won it we put out strong teams in semi and final.

Posted by: Big Chief Little Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 14:12

[quote Zyder head][quote tigersimon]Well done for selecting a team that follows the ethos of this competition.[/quote]
Exactly as Quin's have done you mean?[/quote

To be fair, I read that as a criticism of the Quins selection not ours! I could be wrong though!

Posted by: andy15 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 15:01

A very strong Quins team but with this being the only realistic chance of silverware you can see why they want to win this, after all they canít go down from the prem this season! Their A team were dreadful when they visited earlier in the season and I always thought they would significantly strengthen from that this weekend. Yes on paper given selection itís a must win game for them but I do expect us to put in a strong performance and it will be a great experience for some of the younger guys starting and off the bench.
With our own injury issues, u20 England absentees and our standing in the other competitions this was always going to be the mix of side selected. For our very young front row it will be a great test and one I think they will thrive as they are very good players.

Posted by: Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 15:02

Yeah, Skinner, Dolly and Don aside I don't think you could interpret our side as the most experienced we could pick.

Posted by: Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 15:26

Just hope we play well and I intelligently. Dont think I could bear to watch another match like the Sale one.
If we lose having played our skins out, fair enough. Not confident about this one at all after what they did to Sarries/Storm.

Date: 31 January, 2020 15:53

[quote Big Chief Little Chief][quote Zyder head][quote tigersimon]Well done for selecting a team that follows the ethos of this competition.[/quote]
Exactly as Quin's have done you mean?[/quote

To be fair, I read that as a criticism of the Quins selection not ours! I could be wrong though![/quote]

If that is so then I apologise to tigersimon.
As I say I don't blame Quin's for selecting the players they have and on first reading I thought it was a criticism of our selection but as you say it could work either way.
If there was no u20 Six Nations this weekend then there would be 3 more young lads involved for us for certain.

Posted by: Mabolza (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 18:11

Perhaps there should be a rule that each team must include at least "X" amount of players who have not played in the preceeding "X " amount of Premiership or Euro matches.

Posted by: Big Chief Little Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 18:20

[quote Zyder head][quote Big Chief Little Chief][quote Zyder head][quote tigersimon]Well done for selecting a team that follows the ethos of this competition.[/quote]
Exactly as Qu
in's have done you mean?[/quote

To be fair, I read that as a criticism of the Quins selection not ours! I could be wrong though![/quote]

If that is so then I apologise to tigersimon.
As I say I don't blame Quin's for selecting the players they have and on first reading I thought it was a criticism of our selection but as you say it could work either way.
If there was no u20 Six Nations this weekend then there would be 3 more young lads involved for us for certain.[/quote]

I only assumed that he was talking about Quins ,as unlike you I do think their selection does go against the spirit of the competition. I do understand they have their injury problems but it makes for an uncompetitive game. Having said that I'd have to laugh if we mange to pull it off! Enjoy the game

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net