Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Teams Up v Quins
Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 11:39

Quote:
Master Chief
Letís be honest, if you compare the two teams that actually made the field, they were pretty well matched. Yes Quins has Dombrandt but we had Armand. Yes Quins has Matt Symons but we had Will Witty, etc etc.
Put simply, our more expedienced players didnít step up. Too many sloppy errors. Not enough control.

My worry is at 9. Townsendís last two performances suggests we do need to find a replacement for Nic White.

Meanwhile, Armandís poor game shows why he canít get into the first team at the moment. However, without him in the first team Matt Kvesic wonít get a starting birth either, because Baxter likes a lineout option in the back row.

Wyatt looks a prospect though. It would be good to see him get some game time in the first team while Slade and Devoto are unavailable. Hill and Whitten as a partnership are too similar/pedestrian.

I also thought Jordon Poole looks a good prospect too. If Taione is off at the end of the season I wonder if we donít need to sign someone. Poole has shown he can step up as third choice.

It will be interesting to see who plays on Feb 29th; I suspect that there will be many of the Quins players who were there yesterday but only one or two of ours, even allowing for the 6 Nations.

When you have Dombrant, Care and Smith as your 8,9,10 axis most full strength Prem sides will struggle to contain them let alone the A XXIII that we put out yesterday.

My main worry about yesterday is that there were a mass of different (ie non ST holders) people sitting around us in the Grandstand. That means two things: many ST holders balked at paying £40 for what was essentially an A game and the performance (and result) suggest that many of those who did attend won't be back too quickly.

All in all a pretty unsatisfactory day (particularly with San Francisco getting beaten as well!!!)

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 12:15

At least one Chiefs team won Yesterday Exeforever! 😉

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 13:12

But I was supporting San Francisco (and Exeter) long before we were anything other than good old Exeter Football Club (RFU)...

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 03 February, 2020 13:17

I gather that Exeforever, it was a bit of a joke......

Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 01:16

Quote:
Exeforever

It will be interesting to see who plays on Feb 29th; I suspect that there will be many of the Quins players who were there yesterday but only one or two of ours, even allowing for the 6 Nations.

As long as we (Quins) have no further injuries then yes, it may will be a very similar team as there are barely any other fit players to pick.

Posted by: emohawk (IP Logged)
Date: 04 February, 2020 10:53

We got more out of that game than any of the A league one's. We will continue to play the long game and be better for it.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net