Current Page: 1 of 2
Injury Updates
Posted by: Dougn (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 16:16

Apologises if I am just missing this information but I get very frustrated about injury updates. I read this forum and other Chiefs social media but seem to get my information from other means. I read about Henry joining England training squad and about Jackí s operation on non Chiefs sites. Am I looking in the wrong area? So in case we have people in the know reading, why is Hepburn missing tomorrow. How is Jack Yeandle doing he has been out a while now. Tomas Francis - where is he at. Is he missing the whole season? Are we losing him back to Wales next season. Does missing a whole season being injured playing for Wales means he can stay for another season. Questions, questions, so many questions.

Re: Injury Updates
Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 17:12

The club give updates on player injuries as and when they see fit. People don't tend to speculate about these things on this forum.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 10:12

Iíve mentioned before on here and as Toomanychiefs said, the club make announcements as and when they see fit via official media .
This forum is not the place to speculate unless someone can give a reliable source

I drink and forget stuff!

Date: 15 February, 2020 11:01

I wasnít asking anybody to speculate, the point ( I think) I was trying to make was why are the injury situation with our players seemingly a secret and any information we receive comes from outside sources and not the club.

Date: 15 February, 2020 13:34

And as I and Toomanychiefs eluded to its the Clubs choice as to wether they give updates and chose where and how!
Obviously no one currently has any information to share on here and as stated unless a reliable source is mentioned it will be deemed as speculative.
Have you tried contacting the club for answers?

Date: 15 February, 2020 13:46

Ok to ask though Dougan.

Date: 15 February, 2020 14:29

+1

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 14:35

Jehovas Sandals has spoken so no-one mention injuries again.

Date: 15 February, 2020 15:42

LOL

Date: 15 February, 2020 15:58

I think JS was agreeing with my last post CFW,.

Posted by: Garnett (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 21:34

The club covers the injury board for every visit to SP. We canít give The opposition a chance to prepare until the squad is announced. Santiago was starting the final according to every reliable source. He didnít start. If anyone here tells you they know about players returning they are bull shitting Iím afraid. If they are in slings or plaster then the club will be happy to talk. The idea that jack will return half way through the 6N? I will believe that when I see it. His priority will be Europe and the Premiership this year.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 08:41

Ah the annual post about injuries from a new poster and the slap down from the forum thought police.

Date: 16 February, 2020 09:11

Quote:
Master Chief
Ah the annual post about injuries from a new poster and the slap down from the forum thought police.

For your information Dougn has been a registered poster for 10 years........in that time he has made 6 posts.......and as much as you and CFW may think it a slap down itís not........this ĎInjuryí question has been answered many times before which Dougn would realise if he contributed on a regular basis!

I moderate the board, Iím the only one that bothered to step up and keep it running......if your unhappy with that (you are entitled to an opinion of course) you are welcome to leave!!

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 09:20

Hit a nerve did I.

Yes you run the board but its not yours to force your own views at people.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 10:27

It is a well known fact that Rob regards injury news as being personal to the player and that, unlike some clubs, we do not put out a weekly "not available for selection due to injury" list.

It is also a legitimate part of the coaches' psychology to keep the opposition guessing about team selection just as much as it is to keep the supporters guessing. You know that the opposition will put out the side that they feel is most appropriate to their needs and so will we. In a league game one hopes that the team will be as strong as is relevant to the opposition's league place.

This is one of the reasons why so many ST holders in the Grandstand were unwilling to pay £40 for the cup s/f against Quins. The different approaches that the two coaches took and consequent disparity between the sides' strength, and the fact that previous rounds had been £10 will have come as a salutary lesson to those who want value for money from their trips to SP rather than being able (and willing) to pay what is demanded because they always go to games of the club that they have supported for decades.

These are two different examples of how the club is not a democracy. Non-members only have the right to stay away. In reality members only have the right to approve what the Board decides. The claim that it is "our" club is simply an illusion.

Date: 16 February, 2020 10:52

Just to finish my contribution to this thread. I read this board every day ( and I am a season ticket holder, not that this matters). Always enjoy it but I am the classic lurker,. Sorry if this topic has been covered at length although I am sure there may be new members of the board who will now know the situation.

Date: 16 February, 2020 14:36

Quote:
Chief Fire Water
Hit a nerve did I.
Yes you run the board but its not yours to force your own views at people.

Not at all......what makes you think that?

Date: 16 February, 2020 15:54

I really don't know what your problem is CFW and Master Chief.
No one slapped down the asker of the question and the statement of forum thought police is quite frankly childish.
It's a well known fact that the club only publish injury updates when they see fit and any news not from official sources is seen to be rumor only.

Date: 16 February, 2020 16:05

I really don't know what your problem is CFW and Master Chief.
No one slapped down the asker of the question and the statement of forum thought police is quite frankly childish.
It's a well known fact that the club only publish injury updates when they see fit and any news not from official sources is seen to be rumor only.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 19:12

It wasnít a childish statement at all. Itís an observation of how some on this forum believe they are the arbiters of what is right and what is wrong, what is appropriate and what isnít appropriate. Itís a fans forum, fans have the right to speculate, we are invested in the team we pay money to support. What is childish is saying that if you donít like something then you can leave the forum, or indeed calling someone childish so as to take the moral high ground. I have no problem with differences of opinion, in fact I think I think it should be encouraged for healthy debate. But I donít like when it when people are put in their place.

I should just say that I am grateful to Jehovas for spending his or her time to moderate the board.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net