Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Kev
Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2020 08:12

Quote:
Wampum
We didn't qualify for Europe when Kev played but look at us now.

Kev was not played at 7 in Europe with a Waldrom type player at 8 last season. Also we have not played a top team in Europe this year yet. the biggest reason we have done better this season than the last few is no big teams in our group.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2020 12:01

Quote:
mommentum
Quote:
Wampum

Kev was not played at 7 in Europe with a Waldrom type player at 8 last season. Also we have not played a top team in Europe this year yet. the biggest reason we have done better this season than the last few is no big teams in our group.

I think that’s a bit of a bold statement - La Rochelle are doing pretty well domestically and Glasgow have over half the Scottish Squad. Sale have some very useful South Africans in their side and are genuine top 4 contenders this season!

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2020 13:13

Quote:
mommentum
Quote:
Wampum

No big teams as in European powerhouses I grant you but La Rochelle are no mugs......Sale are a team on the up and top 4 contenders .....as for Glasgow......half the teams Scottish internationals.

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: emohawk (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 12:41

'No big teams?' Bit disrespectful to the other teams in the group. I recall Kev having a stinker one year (a pointless kick through comes to mind).

Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 21:44

Glasgow are not quite the same team without Hogg and Finn Russell. Scotland only has 2 pro teams so half the team will always be internationals.

La Rochelle, i think they have only had 2 or 3 years in the top Euro cup, i may be wrong.

I think Sale are getting better and better and will get to the premiership final, I was surprised we bet them I both games.

Posted by: BentFeathers (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 08:43

@momentum. I name you as ‘ballsout’ and claim my £5 (Sm100)

Posted by: plymptonchief (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 09:18

Quote:
emohawk
'No big teams?' Bit disrespectful to the other teams in the group. I recall Kev having a stinker one year (a pointless kick through comes to mind).
I don't think we should define Kev from one bad moment. I remember it too, shudders, but he is a player I hated when he played for Glaws but loved playing for us.

Posted by: cornwallchief (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 11:32

Quote:
plymptonchief
Quote:
emohawk
I don't think we should define Kev from one bad moment. I remember it too, shudders, but he is a player I hated when he played for Glaws but loved playing for us.

Totally agreed; All players make errors - have off days and games. Kev has been a star player for the Chiefs. i am sure he would be in most prem. clubs radar and if in a squad would be a regular starter. It is all a balance in the squad,team,future and salary cap jigsaw. From what others have said he wanted to stay but it has not worked out. Strong views on both sides of how much it is a loss to the Chief's. I am sure all chief's supporters, whichever side they are on, wish him well and think he has been an asset to the club. The chiefs and Kev benefited from his stay - a win-win in a professional elite sport. I got used to it seeing Santi go - nearly everyone would have liked to see him stay - not possible. Having gone Flats has emerged ..... and IMO is a future star.

Posted by: emohawk (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2020 10:55

Just putting a bit of balance to the thread - he has his weaknesses as well.

Posted by: MegaChief (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 12:38

Any news on what’s happening to Kev? Ruck have a piece on him being 1 of 5 players not yet committed to any club
[www.ruck.co.uk]
I hope he has a gig, would be a shame to lose him from the premiership.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net