Room 101
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 10:53

A regular feature of TRP where players vent their anger on things that hack them off in rugby and everyday life. What are your pet hates.

Mine is hearing refs say “If you talk like that to me again I’ll have no option but to show you a yellow card”, the worst offender being Matt Carley. Have the courage of your convictions and sanction the offender - I guarantee it will cease to be a problem!

Re: Room 101
Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:15

So many to choose from but that's a very good start Lowerwatha.

I'll add the referees favourite "use it" which seems to translate to "feel free to do something with the ball in the next couple of minutes if you feel like it".

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 14:04

From my own personal perspective it is the overuse of the TMO.
Too many times the TMO is brought into play,the game slows down,the offence or query is looked at and although it looks like the decision should be changed it doesn't which makes the delay pointless!
I suppose I still have Friday nights Louis R-Z try on my mind.....

Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 18:03

for me I would like Refs to just call ruck when a tackle becomes a ruck and all players most be on their feet rucking or roll away including players clearing out off their feet, in the same way the ref calls maul and maul laws apply.

also when a choke tackle becomes a maul it should not be allowed to be collapsed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net