Corey Baldwin.
Posted by: Boldeagle (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 16:23

We are being linked with this guy. He plays centre for Scarlets. According to TRP.[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/02/2020 16:28 by Boldeagle.

Re: Corey Baldwin.
Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 18:00

Would be a good signing. A young talent who qualifies as EQP as was born in England.

The WRU view Baldwin as having a big future so would be surprised if they let him leave.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 01 March, 2020 09:05

According to TRP itís now a done deal which also says Sam Hill could be off to Sale.

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 01 March, 2020 09:28

Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
According to TRP itís now a done deal which also says Sam Hill could be off to Sale.
He is the sort of option we need in the backs as I have seen him cover wing as well for Scarlets.
I still don't see the Sam Hill to Sale move?
Whitts has a year left,great servant as he is Sam is a long term investment so I wouldn't expect Whitts to get another year so I would expect Sam renewing to be a priority recruitment. All cap dependent I suppose but he is EQP as well.
If Sam went to Sale he would surely be 3rd choice there unless Van Rensburg is off?

Date: 01 March, 2020 09:35

Sale have lost Cameron Redpath to Bath which is I imagine the reason Sale and Sam Hill have been in discussion.
TBH I canít see Whittís going anywhere soon.

Date: 01 March, 2020 14:42

Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Sale have lost Cameron Redpath to Bath which is I imagine the reason Sale and Sam Hill have been in discussion.
TBH I canít see Whittís going anywhere soon.

Cameron Redpath is a different type of player to Sam though isn't he and Sam would not be a like for like replacement.
Whitts is still very solid and very fit but he is about 6 years older than Sam.
Maybe Whitts will get another year or 2 if he stays?
The story in the Rugby Paper doesn't make sense? We have missed a creative centre when Henry isn't here and Baldwin does fit the brief as well as covering back 3 but I wouldn't have him replacing Sam but maybe Shorty?
Who would be club DJ if Sam left for a start?! lol

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 01 March, 2020 15:12

Really like the recruitment of Baldwin, Hodge and Hinkley if the rumours are true

Whilst it is sad to see players move on, I'm glad it is youngsters like this that we are being linked with, who have potential to be outstanding players, rather than just churn to replace like for like.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 01 March, 2020 19:26

I hope the Sam Hill rumour is just that. Given the amount of time Slade is away and that one of Slade and Devoto is often injured Sam is pretty much a regular starter and always in the 23. So not sure why he would move to Sale, who are after Lozowski anyway.

I really hope we do get Baldwin, Hinkley and Hodge. Itís just a shame that we have to let senior players like Hill and Kvesic go to get them.

Date: 01 March, 2020 19:45

Quote:
Master Chief
and that one of Slade and Devoto is often injured Sam is pretty much a regular starter and always in the 23.

Hill's games (Whiten in brackets)

15/18 games in 2019-20 (16/18)
18/30 games in 2018-19 (24/30)
20/30 games in 2016-17 (28/30)
20/30 games in 2017-18 (25/30)

He's been involved a fair bit but has also missed a lot of games through injury, and a number of those he has played in will have been from the bench.

Baldwin is EQP and has potential to be a top class international by all accounts.
I'm a big fan of Sam Hill and feel he is a very good premiership player, but am very much in favour of the move as he needs regular starts and we can develop Baldwin into a top class player, who's potential is probably greater.

Date: 01 March, 2020 21:27

Quote:
fatheralice
Quote:
Master Chief
and that one of Slade and Devoto is often injured Sam is pretty much a regular starter and always in the 23.

Hill's games (Whiten in brackets)

15/18 games in 2019-20 (16/18)
18/30 games in 2018-19 (24/30)
20/30 games in 2016-17 (28/30)
20/30 games in 2017-18 (25/30)

He's been involved a fair bit but has also missed a lot of games through injury, and a number of those he has played in will have been from the bench.

Baldwin is EQP and has potential to be a top class international by all accounts.
I'm a big fan of Sam Hill and feel he is a very good premiership player, but am very much in favour of the move as he needs regular starts and we can develop Baldwin into a top class player, who's potential is probably greater.

Baldwin looks potentially top class but he is a 13 or wing,Sam is a 12.
At Sale Van Rensburg is one of the first names on the team sheet and Luke James has been very good when Van Rensburg is not in the side so Sam would start at Sale as a third choice 12 as Sale predominantly have a playmaker at 13 so seems a strange move to me if true as it doesn't look like he is advancing his career much?
If we are choosing to lose Sam from the cap to make way for Baldwin then so be it but I would think it strange to lose Sam ahead of others in his position imo but as you state Fatheralice maybe his fitness record would come in to it? Whitts does have versatility on his side but not time and Tom Hendrickson doesn't have much advantage over Sam in age terms either?

Posted by: ouch!_that_hurts (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 10:22

In regard to Sam moving to Sale, possibly to be 3rd choice, it may be that Sale are starting to realise that the Kolpak regulations may make it difficult to retain so many South Africans - particularly as they also have other non-EU qualified players in their squad and seem to be losing EQP's quite quickly (Redpath and Ashton gone in the last week).

Posted by: cornwallchief (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 11:36

Confirmed arrival - great signing I think.

Date: 02 March, 2020 13:25

Quote:
cornwallchief
Confirmed arrival - great signing I think.
+1
Welcome to the Chiefs Corey

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 14:31

Welcome Corey

Posted by: dan1978 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 15:17

so pleased that chiefs are now bringing in more pacey players in our backs with O'Flaherty, Hogg and now Baldwin as it's a been a bit lacking in the past, exciting times ahead!

Date: 02 March, 2020 19:15

Great addition. Excited to see him develoo

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 02 March, 2020 19:28

Another exciting addition!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net