The Rugby Paper - 23 February
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 10:03

According to Fissler Ben Spencer is moving from Sarries to Bath on a 3 year deal. They have also signed Will Spencer from Tigers and Cameron Redpath from Sale.
Ben Earl and Max Malins have signed for Bristol on 1 year loans!
Sarries are looking to sign Aled Davies from Ospreys to replace Spencer and Jack Singleton is looking to move from Sarries to Gloucester.

Re: The Rugby Paper - 23 February
Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:06

I personally don't get why any team that wants to establish themselves at the top end of the table would want to sign any player,no matter how good they are,on a one year loan?
It is not long term planning,it is a quick fix for a year and then they will have to be replaced. I don't imagine it will do much good for team spirit either,having someone in for a year taking the squad place of player that may have been waiting for an opportunity to have it taken by a player that his long term future is committed elsewhere.
A club fighting relegation or for a European place might have different motivations

Posted by: ExeterFan (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 20:46

Malins to Bristol would, I guess, be replacement in squad for Madigan. His contract is up and don't imagine they will be looking to renew. Would give them time to look longer for the right long term option.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 07:45

Gutted we wont get Malins. He was meant to be out of contract though so the loan to Bristol suggests he has signed a new deal with Sarries. Bristol will have a very strong team next season with threats all over the park. On paper they might well have the best team in the league, on paper.

Posted by: cornwallchief (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 10:03

Quote:
Master Chief
Gutted we wont get Malins. He was meant to be out of contract though so the loan to Bristol suggests he has signed a new deal with Sarries. Bristol will have a very strong team next season with threats all over the park. On paper they might well have the best team in the league, on paper.
Agree totally Malins would have been a great signing but only if it was not a 'loan. I think he may well have signed a contract as you say. Yes Bristol are looking like having a great squad next year.
Keeping the squad year on year within the cap will be the challenge for them as well as getting their next years team to play at or above the 'sum of its parts'. The Chiefs excel at this. Looking back at Jannes performance at the weekend and previously I hope we/he manage to come to a long term contract arrangement - someone who I know you rate from previous posts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net