Current Page: 1 of 2
Chiefs 57 Saints 7
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:54

Thought this would be close but we scraped it in the end!

Re: Chiefs 57 Saints 7
Posted by: Gold stand steward (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:57

Saints fan in piece
Well played today, gave us a bit of a thumping is an understatement, canít believe how nasty fans can get when their team is losing, oh well COME ON ENGLAND

Posted by: minuteman (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 15:31

Never saw this result coming .
Unbereal performance from Chiefs who outplayed their opposite number to a man .
Work rate and commitment just brilliant
Bring on Quins next week.

Date: 23 February, 2020 15:53

Kirsten is showing what an astute signing he has been, thought he was disappointed to be pulled off but what an engine!
Hendrickson showed his class and Joe Simmonds controlled well from 10.
Good to see our bench keep the momentum going when it could have easy to sit back!

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 16:09

Very good all round performance,nice to see some backs on the scoresheet.
Very happy to see Tom get some plaudits too.
Unwise to get carried away with the scoreboard though methinks.
It was a strange selection from Mr Boyd imo,and no surprise the game was done and dusted by the time their first choice players came off the bench. Almost like they were not really taking this game seriously imo and I know we had players missing but arguably the players Saints had missing are more important to them than our missing players.

Posted by: cornwallchief (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 17:24

Thought that a top performance. Several players were outstanding - IMO Flats could have been MOM and Jo Simmonds had a great game. Hats off to Whits - not one of great attacking creative threat IMO but a huge presence defensively and 150 games! The coaches will have to expunge all complacency after that performance for the quarter-final. Team spirit shone through with obvious delight for Tom's brace of tries. A day to savour and remember.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2020 17:24 by cornwallchief.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 17:51

Excellent performance today, intensity and grit shown by all.
Kirsten deserved mom.....he was immense, I really hope we can keep him.
Thereís been lots of discussion on here regarding Whitts......heís not the quickest but he gives 200% every game and did so again today.....well done!
So many good performances but ultimately a great team performance......well done everyone

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 18:15

Flipping hell...who saw that coming? Overheard a Northampton fan wanting to be on the next train home at half time...I think next time around they might want to start with their best available team!

A result that'll definitely get people's attention!

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 19:55

Brilliant result, but itís one game during six nations, they will be a far harder prospect in HC. But lots of positives today, backs linked well with forwards to keep the ball moving forward.
All we can do is keep beating those in front of us, and silly loss of concentration like against the Bristol gift of a win are in the past.

Posted by: Flora (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 21:28

What an unbelievable performance again today! I thought last week Chiefs reached a summit in their game. Best since La Rochelle, then today they played even better, sublime rugby of the highest level. Fantastic team effort, well done 👍

Posted by: Big Chief Little Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 22:06

Agree with all that's written above, a fantastic performance from the whole team. Special mention to Tom H, probably the best game i've seen him have for us.

I do feel complacency is our biggest enemy now, we don't need anymore Bristol repeats.

Saints will be a different side come the HC game. I did post beforehand that their selection puzzled me, it's almost like they had written this game off! As Rob said in his interview, a strange game. You don't expect to beat your nearest rivals by 50 points!

Date: 24 February, 2020 17:14

Watched the game again and pleased to see how we kept up the intensity throughout the game despite virtually putting the game to bed after the first 60 minutes. Also our discipline was excellent particularly during the first half when we were penalised once to their nine!
Surprised how vocal young Jack Maunder was when he came on, sign of his growing maturity!
Great result!

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 21:25

Quote:
Lowerwatha
Watched the game again and pleased to see how we kept up the intensity throughout the game despite virtually putting the game to bed after the first 60 minutes. Also our discipline was excellent particularly during the first half when we were penalised once to their nine!
Surprised how vocal young Jack Maunder was when he came on, sign of his growing maturity!
Great result!

Same here.

Watching at Sandy Park, after the first 20 minutes, I thought we had Saints under control. I thought our continued intensity was the best I've seen this season. They certainly shut down Big T quickly (thankfully). And only watching the game on TV, and hearing over ref mic, was I aware of how much little Jack controls the forwards, and I thought he played very well when he came on.

Watching back on TV also showed plenty of pre-set running moves following set piece, leading to tries, and 'tap and goes', which I think might be called flair.

I was hoping off the back of our performance at Castle Grim, this game wasn't going to be a banana skin, but I didn't expect such a dominant performance across the park.

When done Chiefs, the players and coaches. Great result.

On another note, is that hand stamping thing going to be a regular event to get into the Library??

Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 21:21

Ben Kay "it is hard to put your finger on exactly why" on Chiefs winning

Posted by: Celtic Chieftain (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 23:43

Quote:
Tribester

Same here.

Watching at Sandy Park, after the first 20 minutes, I thought we had Saints under control. I thought our continued intensity was the best I've seen this season. They certainly shut down Big T quickly (thankfully). And only watching the game on TV, and hearing over ref mic, was I aware of how much little Jack controls the forwards, and I thought he played very well when he came on.

Watching back on TV also showed plenty of pre-set running moves following set piece, leading to tries, and 'tap and goes', which I think might be called flair.

I was hoping off the back of our performance at Castle Grim, this game wasn't going to be a banana skin, but I didn't expect such a dominant performance across the park.

When done Chiefs, the players and coaches. Great result.

On another note, is that hand stamping thing going to be a regular event to get into the Library??

I like how it was such a ruthless, ominous performance that really sent them packing and sent a message to the rest of the league. Most of the other teams are quite beatable if you break them down. The toughest opponent IMHO, of the teams challenging for top 4, has been Sale. They're the ones we need to work out how to really put to bed...

Posted by: Wampum (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2020 11:10

Just a quick comment on Tom H - if he could pass and kick he'd be a great player. Hope it comes in time.

Date: 26 February, 2020 11:22

I like how it was such a ruthless, ominous performance that really sent them packing and sent a message to the rest of the league. Most of the other teams are quite beatable if you break them down. The toughest opponent IMHO, of the teams challenging for top 4, has been Sale. They're the ones we need to work out how to really put to bed...[/quote]

The way to beat Sale, and every other side that have beat us this season, is play the full 80 minutes.
We lost against Sale by not turning up for the first half and we built a good lead against Bristol and took our foot off their throats!
We showed a lost of savvy against Glaws but gave them a sniff at the end. Against Saints we had the game sewn up on 60 minutes but kept playing and scored more tries.
Itís a tough league and, with the threat of relegation gone, teams like London Irish and Worcester are playing with much more freedom and are dangerous.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2020 15:12

In fact each of the games we have lost in the league have been by a single penalty goal. These are the games that it is normal to say were too close to call and had we scored those penalties we would be looking at a so far unbeaten season in the league.
Our average margin of victory BTW has been 17 points.
Pretty much a glass full situation IMO.

Posted by: Chief Little Big Horn (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2020 17:21

I know it is a bit late but I thought hats off to the new prem ref only 2nd prem game
and he let the game flow with few contentious issues (albeit 1 way).

Congrats Mr. Makepeace
(an a good name for a ref)

Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2020 19:28

Quote:
Wampum
Just a quick comment on Tom H - if he could pass and kick he'd be a great player. Hope it comes in time.

if he was 21 years old would look a great prospect, but he and Bodilly are 25, only one year younger then LCD etc

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net