Venues for remaining games
Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 10:09

[www.bbc.co.uk]

This is surely a no-brainer. SP is easily isolated. the hybrid pitch would stand up to multiple games far better than grass and without the attrition rate of plastic, the University facilities are unused at present plus all of the other local clubs' facilities, the conference spaces can be arranged in almost any layout and finally there is a lot of unused parking space for teams, broadcasters and additional medics.

It would be galling to have to watch games 'at home' in all senses of that expression but I don't think that there is a ground anywhere else that is as well placed to meet the criteria (Worcester perhaps but none of the in-town ones like Northampton or Leicester etc).

So what are they waiting for?

Personally i would also annul all the games against Saracens, scrapping the existing results against them and not allowing them to play. It would reduce the load on all the other teams by one game and with their self-chosen relegation they are an irrelevance to getting the season completed.

Re: Venues for remaining games
Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 12:24

I agree.......I think SP is the ideal venue and thatís with my Chiefs blinkers off!
As you say there is plenty of space for teams to congregate, easily accessible from the M5 with no need to venture in town, plenty of car park space and training facilityís available.

I think the best point you make is the one regarding Saracens.
Their involvement is not necessary.

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: loadofeathers (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2020 13:52

Not sure Cancelling Sarries fixtures would benefit us. Immediate loss of 4 points. Not many clubs would lose points.

Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2020 17:23

Quote:
loadofeathers
Not sure Cancelling Sarries fixtures would benefit us. Immediate loss of 4 points. Not many clubs would lose points.

I think the general thinking would be that Sarries games would be cancelled and declared as either a four try bonus point win for the opposition or a 3-0 win for the opposition. Either way its arguably a little unfair on Leicester and Northampton as the only two teams who have already played Saracens twice and wouldn't get an automatic win as both lost in their last matches against Saracens.

While their continued involvement in the remainder of the league serves zero purpose, I do feel it would be rubbing salt into the wound to deny them involvement in it.

Posted by: Garnett (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 16:37

I don't think we have the internet bandwidth at SP. Normally the game is filmed and edited on site and uplinked to BT Sport. 1 feed. As I understand this they dont want any broadcast staff at the venue. That means Each individual camera will be fed to BT at the Olympic Park in London. The cameras also need to be remote controlled. That means 16 feeds. With everyone working from home the internet is already at capacity. It goes down alot. Shame because they could have used Woodbury Park and the pitch up there and our training pitch down the road.

Posted by: Pinhoe_Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 19:03

Lol, sponsored by SW no comms

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net