Ten years ago
Posted by: thechiefstribe.com (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2020 10:48

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Ten years ago
Posted by: loadofeathers (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2020 11:33

Weather forecast! Donít think I have ever been so wet on the outside. But my word what a night in Bristol!!!!

Posted by: fisher (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2020 11:44

Like LoF I dont think I have ever got so wet at a match as that then proceeded to attempt to get as wet on the inside over a period of a few hours! What a great memory to have for those that were there I shall never forget it as I think that was the first time I ever cried after a game ! What a prat !

Posted by: Chief caps (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2020 11:50

and the party afterwards at SP was awesome. i think i went home at 5am.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2020 10:48

Really good article in TRP this morning on the Chiefs 10th Anniversary of winning the play off to get promotion with comments from Rob Baxter and Tommy Hayes. Also has a player by player feature on where they are now for the match day 23.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2020 11:21

Quote:
Chief caps
and the party afterwards at SP was awesome. i think i went home at 5am.

Early night for you then CC lol!

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2020 14:31

That tie can pretty much be summed up by the line a guy in the Sandy Park toilets came out with ďall the big boys, theyíre coming here...Ē certainly didnít expect the following ten years to be as good as they have been...I can probably speak for most Chiefs fans back then in saying that we were expecting a massive reality check.

Date: 24 May, 2020 18:12

I had only seen the Chiefs play once prior to their promotion, a game against London Welsh at Old Deer Park on a visit to London and unable to find a Premiership game to watch.
I can remember buying a paper in Morrisons in Tavistock and reading that Chiefs has beaten Bristol to get promotion. My wife and I bought Club 1905 season tickets thinking, like all the so called experts that it would only be for 1 season as we were sure to be relegated!
We spent 8 very happy years watching every home game and visiting every Premiership ground and the finals at HQ.
Unfortunately we had to give up our great seats in the West Grandstand when we moved to Bedfordshire.
Hopefully when this debacle is over we will get to some away games near us and hopefully get down to SP!

Posted by: ouch!_that_hurts (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 10:37

Posted by: Moorsman (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2020 12:59

Just seen this stat

Since promotion Chiefs have scored 630 tries, more than any other club during that period

Date: 26 May, 2020 18:33

Quote:
Moorsman
Just seen this stat
Since promotion Chiefs have scored 630 tries, more than any other club during that period

But we are so boring!!

Posted by: Arthur (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 09:50

Is there anywhere that one can get recordings of the two matches? I searched Youtube in vain. In these times of forced abstinence from live rugby, seeing the two promotion games again would be very enjoyable.

Posted by: Moorsman (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 10:14

They were on Sky and they have responded to tweets requesting the same thing by saying they missed the anniversary and would look into it. I hope they make it available to all as many don't subscribe to sky. Fingers crossed

Date: 27 May, 2020 14:31

Great interview by Mark and Tony Rowe, gives an insight to the hoops he had to go through to get the ground approved by PRL. Quite laughable when you see the state of some Premiership clubs groundsM

Date: 28 May, 2020 18:01

For those of you who know me youíll know Iím not from these parts ........blow in.......Emmit.......call me what you will but I was at the Home leg of the Final with my son.
We had only been to a handful of games prior to this.
We watched the second leg on TV and I assure you all the house shook when that final whistle went........Chiefs have achieved so much in the last ten years and date I say are in fact leading the way in many areas of the game now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net