Confused re Cup competition this season
Posted by: Tiverton Brave (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 19:43

Hi All,
I'm confused at the mo so I'm hoping someone with a bigger brain will help me out.

I was reading an article in the 'i' yesterday about Brad Barritt. Amongst other stuff, he said that Sarries were really looking forward to competing in the EPCR with a view to retaining it this season.
Now I know that French rugby has been cancelled for this season and that an earlier EPCR statement said that they were hoping for finals to be held in October.

So, are the knock out rounds of the EPCR going to happen after all?

Are the French teams going to compete in, what is effectively this season, even though they have decided to cancel their season??

I know someone will put me straight on this, thank you in advance.[b][/b]

Re: Confused re Cup competition this season
Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 20:55

As far as I am aware there has been no decision made on this yet so I assume hey are essentially hoping it will be restarted at this moment. I think they are hoping to complete the competition before the first round of next years competition is due to start in October.

Personally speaking though I think the schedule for the teams competing is going to be an absolute mess having to juggle the normal season with the remaining rounds of the Champions Cup.

Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2020 13:16

EPRC have today confirmed they are presently set for the weekend of 18/19/20 September. No venues presently confirmed, just dates.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2020 16:34

Full schedule

New EPCR dates
Quarter-finals: weekend of 18/19/20 September
Semi-finals: weekend of 25/26/27 September
Challenge Cup final: Friday, 16 October
Heineken Champions Cup final: Saturday, 17 October
Start of 2020/21 season: weekend of 11/12/13 December

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net