I drink and forget stuff!

Re: First Matchday Squad
Posted by: plymptonchief (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 14:40

Gets the blood flowing!!

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 15:16

I completely forgot Vermeulen and Kirsten! Oh well they’ll get their places soon!

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 15:45

Probably too soon for Josh Hodge

I drink and forget stuff!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2020 16:31 by Jehovas Sandals.

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 16:19

I was going to say what about the SA boys!
Spoilt for choice! 😄

Posted by: CullyChief (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 18:42

Vermeulen and Kirsten would have to be in my 23. I just don't want the job of deciding who wouldn't be!

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 23:50

That’s some 23!!

I wonder how big a loss Nic White will be, especially with Bristol now with the likes of Radradra, Sinckler, Earl, Malins etc

Posted by: chief in exile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 07:52

Nic White is a massive loss, but in my opinion hey haven't got the front five resources, or arguably back row options in depth.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 10:30

On rethink Vermeulen in for Armand, Kirsten on the bench with Armand in place of Dennis and do without a replacement 10 relying on Slade or Devoto to step in if necessary.

Posted by: Axe Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 10:41

Injuries and fitness may make the job easier(?) , but two of our best players pre-lockdown were Elvis and Kirsten. Even so Elvis will only make the warm-up squad, but Kirsten must challenge the 15, let alone the 23, and Rob has always found it difficult to exclude Ian Whitten.
Any of the names suggested could be permutated , but perhaps the most important, and pivotal, position is the scrum-half. Has Townsend regained his confidence and form (he's had little chance to properly test and mold it) ; will SH-C do likewise, as well as integrating into a new team ; and then there is the legend's son, or sons if you want to push it!
Without knowing the fitness and form of the 9's my guess for a first game back goes to Jack.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net