Current Page: 1 of 2
New signing - Jack Walsh and someone else...
Posted by: ChiefinGlos (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 17:47

[mobile.twitter.com]

Nippy young Aussie fly half.

Also a cryptic comment from RB about someone else, perhaps announcing next week. Any ideas who?

Re: New signing - Jack Walsh and someone else...
Posted by: chiefswatcher (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 18:55

Manu.

Date: 09 July, 2020 18:57

Doubt it, Rob said young

Posted by: ouch!_that_hurts (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 19:10

Manu

Date: 09 July, 2020 19:18

Doubt it, Rob said young

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 19:28

Ibitoye.

Date: 09 July, 2020 19:35

Ooh interesting. I'd heard he was off to France

Posted by: plymptonchief (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 19:57

Quote:
ChiefinGlos
Doubt it, Rob said young
Neither the Chief's website nor BBC use the word "young" as far as I can see.

Date: 09 July, 2020 20:12

Listen to the last 8 seconds of the interview, he says "we might have another young player"

Posted by: AH-64 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 20:50

Manu, we have lost Sam and a big ball carrier is a must. He and Sladey were on fire before he got crocked.
He is only 29 so is relatively young and the Chiefs have a track record of taking injured players and fixing them long term, such as Jonny H, Skinns.

We shall see!

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 21:40

My guess would be someone from Australia or Super Rugby who might,similar to Jack Walsh,have either to find a new club at short notice through wage cuts or take a big pay cut themselves?
Someone that can cover full back maybe as we will be light there once Dolly departs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2020 21:43 by Zyder head.

Posted by: Thomas Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 22:07

Not too familiar with Jack, know he was part of the Waratahs development setup and also Australia U20 and was seen by some as a bit of a prospect. But not seen much of him in action.

I trust Rob's judgement and I like that Chiefs have brought in a lot of young talent this year. Setting things up nicely for the future.

Also, while not Manu, I have heard that Chiefs are after Jordan Taufua

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 09 July, 2020 22:29

We could do with more depth at 1, 3, 10 and 15.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 03:51

Rob definitely says young player and looks quite excited by whoever that may be!!

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: CullyChief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 06:29

Quote:
Exeforever
We could do with more depth at 1, 3, 10 and 15.

If weíre going to speculate (and who doesnít love to do that?) this is the way to look at it. What does the squad need, rather than who is available. We lost Sam Hill but signed Baldwin, so would we also sign Tuilagi? Taufua would be a very exciting signing, but back row is probably our strongest area. If as most of us expect Steeno announces his retirement at the end of this season I can see it being another fly half, despite the signing of young Walsh.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 06:41

If it is a young player then it wonít be Manu. And I doubt we would have enough cap for him anyway.

I canít see it being Taufua either. Why would be let Kvesic go to then sign Taufua.

In terms of which position it wonít be 15, we have just signed Josh Hodge, who is a real prospect.

So where we look light in depth/ quality to me is 10 (I know we have just signed Walsh) and 1.

If itís a young player I would love it to be someone like Alfie Barbeary, Joel Kpoku, Marcus Smith, Louis Rees-Zammit, Ollie Thorley, Jordan Petaia, Jamie Dobie, Angus Bell or Jordan Joseph.

I agree with the above, given the timing of the announcement I think it will be someone from Australia.

If Baxter says we will be licking our lips it should be a big name OR someone whose name is some kind of food too!! Taine Plumtree anyone?!

I do wonder whether we need to start trimming our squad further though. We have the biggest squad in the league, with many senior players never getting game time.. look at the numbers of locks we have!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 07:08 by Master Chief.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 07:28

Canít see Quins letting Smith go too easily.
Kpoku has signed for Saints I believe.
Rees Zammit and Thorley......donít see Glaws letting talented boys like them leave if they have any ambition.
Dobie is a scrum half ......not sure we need another.
Donít know the others that well tbh.

I drink and forget stuff!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 07:33 by Jehovas Sandals.

Date: 10 July, 2020 07:52

[quote Master Chief]

In terms of which position it wonít be 15, we have just signed Josh Hodge, who is a real prospect.

So where we look light in depth/ quality to me is 10 (I know we have just signed Walsh) and 1.

Hodge is a fantastic prospect but he is VERY inexperienced,certainly at Premiership level. Under 20s and only 1 championship match maybe?
Hoggy will be away on international duty at least twice a season then we only have Josh or we play someone out of position. Joe or Flats? Maybe Flats might convert to full back and then we are looking at a wing coming in?
As you say we are light at Fly half potentially so a utility back that can cover 10 and or 15?

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 09:36

[www.ruck.co.uk]

According to RUCK sources, Chiefs are closing in on former Leicester Tigers flanker Jordan Taufua after agreeing on a deal this week.

[Adoptee: Tom Doughty - dynamic hooker born in Brighton, made at Team Bath. Record for BUCS top try scorer within a season]

Date: 10 July, 2020 10:27

Quote:
Jehovas Sandals
Canít see Quins letting Smith go too easily.
Kpoku has signed for Saints I believe.
Rees Zammit and Thorley......donít see Glaws letting talented boys like them leave if they have any ambition.
Dobie is a scrum half ......not sure we need another.
Donít know the others that well tbh.

Regarding the Glos boys,one of them will be benched with Jonny May coming in and with all the upheaval there recently one might be unsettled? Speculation obviously but Jonny May certainly will be an automatic first choice.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net