Current Page: 1 of 2
Season Tickets
Posted by: HUGHVILLE (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 17:37

Having just waded through the ticket refund options. I may be misreading the instructions. Having donated the funds you can then ''''purchase''' tickets for any games where spectators are allowed. So you are buying the tickets again. Is it the same for Cup quarter final? Does it mean you get your normal seat . At the moment the forms cannot be downloaded. Comes up as error.

Re: Season Tickets
Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 17:47

Well you're not likely to get your normal seat because all discussions have suggested that any games where spectators are allowed will be with a capacity of about 4,000 all distanced.

re priority booking that's what the wording says: "booking" not purchasing, but if you have opted to have a refund then you haven't paid for a ticket for that game as you've had your money back so presumably you'd have to buy one like anyone else as your S/T will have been effectively cancelled by being refunded/credited.

Posted by: HUGHVILLE (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:27

The question I was asking. I donate my money to the club .This gives me a chance of a ticket which has to be purchased. So I would have paid twice

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:33

The way I read it.........you donít get priority.......just a chance to purchase tickets........for the games youíve already paid for but donated back to the club.

I drink and forget stuff!

Date: 10 July, 2020 18:43

What the COVID-19 ticket update article (linked at the bottom of the website article) says is:

"In the event that restrictions are lifted and a limited amount of supporters are allowed back into Sandy Park before the end of the season, those Season Ticket/ Gold Card/Box Holders and 1905 Club members who have donated their remaining funds back to the cub will get the opportunity of priority booking on tickets."

No mention of payment as you'd only be availing yourself of something for which you had already paid.

Posted by: big chopper (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 19:06

Quote:
Exeforever
What the COVID-19 ticket update article (linked at the bottom of the website article) says is:
"In the event that restrictions are lifted and a limited amount of supporters are allowed back into Sandy Park before the end of the season, those Season Ticket/ Gold Card/Box Holders and 1905 Club members who have donated their remaining funds back to the cub will get the opportunity of priority booking on tickets."

No mention of payment as you'd only be availing yourself of something for which you had already paid.

Thatís a fair and valid point. Should you forsake your refund and ďdonateĒ it back to the club, are you essentially forsaking your seat and will have to buy your/a seat again should some sort of crowd be allowed in and you wish to go?

That seems a very profitable outcome for the club if so

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 19:20

Quote:
Exeforever

I didnít see that.......I understand now......Thanks

Posted by: absent chief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 21:14

If you read the FAQ sections. It states that if spectators can return to games you will have to purchase a new ticket, but will have priority booking.
That is why you are donating your ticket (money) to the club. In any other walk of life if you have donated something, you can not go back a few weeks later and ask for it back.

Date: 10 July, 2020 22:29

Quote:
absent chief
If you read the FAQ sections. It states that if spectators can return to games you will have to purchase a new ticket, but will have priority booking.
That is why you are donating your ticket (money) to the club. In any other walk of life if you have donated something, you can not go back a few weeks later and ask for it back.

Yes I agree. i hadn't read the FAQ sufficiently closely. I'm not convinced that this is at all right. By donating the value of the remainder of your season ticket you are basically saying that if they cannot honour your booking of a seat via the season ticket you don't want a refund. but, IMO if they can let you use that seat I don't see why you should have to pay for it again; which is what the FAQ is suggesting would be the case. I think this requires an email to the Club asking them to clarify this.

If they simply want out and out donations they should probably just ask for them.

Posted by: Otter Supper (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 23:32

Quote:
Exeforever
If they simply want out and out donations they should probably just ask for them.

The club has given 3 options of which No1 is "Donate to the club".

In the FAQ's it states that in the event of spectators being allowed for any games tickets will go on sale with people who have chosen to donate to the club will have a priority booking period.

I fail to see how the club could have worded it better to explain that donations are a one off payment to the club.

Date: 11 July, 2020 09:37

OK but I still don't think this is a very good (or fair) way to go about it.

Basically I, and others that I know, felt that we would not ask the club for a refund for those games that we couldn't attend as a result of government restrictions.

However we bought S/Ts, so if games can be played in front of spectators we would expect to be able to use our S/Ts for that purpose.

What the club is proposing is that you pay for any game that can be played in front of spectators twice. Once through the S/T and again when those tickets are put on sale. If that is the case then I shall be asking for a full refund and I'll take my chances on getting a ticket for any games played with spectators present.

Date: 11 July, 2020 10:52

Exeforever I fully understand your feelings, my response was to your comment regarding the wording of the clubs options.

I am with you in respect of having to pay twice to watch a match but we are in a situation where things are changing daily. Last week there was no chance that spectators would be allowed at any match, tomorrow a limited number may be allowed, who knows? The problem that the club has is trying to deal with the current situation when the goalposts are constantly moving. If they were to allow a limited number people who had donated to attend a game for free how would they select those people?

Personally, and I'm happy to be proved wrong, I feel that the remaining matches which have been paid for will be played behind closed doors. Others will, of course, think differently. You have made a decision to take a chance on getting a ticket for any game that becomes available l, due to age and health reasons, have decided that l am not confident enough to attend any game in the near future and therefore am donating the remainder of my ST to the club. In a couple of months time, when Prem and Euro progression game tickets are up for grabs my view may have changed so l will then take my chances on getting tickets.

In these difficult times we all have different financial, health, family and work concerns so must prioritise those as we see fit. All we can hope for is that sometime in the future we can all turn up at a full SP healthy and in good voice to cheer on our team.

Posted by: Garym (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2020 10:58

Worcester fan here, just to say that I was impressed with the speed at which I could ask for the refund of the tickets that I bought for the Exeter - Worcester match. To put it into perspective, I going to donate my Worcester ST back to the club, but after reading the comments on here, I will wait to see the final wording! Good luck in winning this competition fairly and squarely

Date: 11 July, 2020 11:18

I didn't mean to come across as upset by anything you said Otter Supper so if I did I apologise.

re how many could be let in; the last figures I saw were for 4,000 in a 15,000 seater stadium at 2m distancing. Obviously with 1m distancing that number would be higher but I'd be quite happy if they had a ballot for S/T donors who wanted to attend and then sold on tickets for those who had taken a credit note or refund.

The other unanswered question is how they will administer Prem S/F tickets if a crowd is allowed. If donating your S/T means that you have no rights under it (which is what having to buy a ticket for a regular season game implies) then what happens to the priority that all S/T holders currently have in regard to "progression" tickets, particularly as last season's S/F sold out in a couple of hours IIRC?

In the end i'm sure that I will donate my S/T anyway as assisting, however small the amount, towards the survival of the club that I have been a member of for 25 years, and a supporter of for over 50, is more important than one poor decision; but having only missed 5 home games in 25 years I shall be understandably peeved if I end up having to effectively pay £120 for a regular season game.

Date: 11 July, 2020 12:08

Quote:
Exeforever
I didn't mean to come across as upset by anything you said Otter Supper so if I did I apologise.

Apology not required, no offence taken at all.

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 10:39

Hi all

As a S/T holder do I need to fill out the separate form for the Euro game as well or just the S/T form.

Cheers

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 13:40

You have to fill out two forms. One for season ticket and one for Euro game.

Date: 14 July, 2020 17:58

Quote:
Exeforever
Basically I, and others that I know, felt that we would not ask the club for a refund for those games that we couldn't attend as a result of government restrictions.

However we bought S/Ts, so if games can be played in front of spectators we would expect to be able to use our S/Ts for that purpose.

What the club is proposing is that you pay for any game that can be played in front of spectators twice. Once through the S/T and again when those tickets are put on sale. If that is the case then I shall be asking for a full refund and I'll take my chances on getting a ticket for any games played with spectators present.

I have received a very polite reply from the club saying that if spectators are allowed in those who have donated their S/Ts would get a free ticket via ballot and subject to capacity restrictions. No guarantees but no cost.

I would therefore urge anyone who can afford it to donate their S/T and euro Q/F tickets

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2020 19:59

Quote:
Exeforever
Quote:
Exeforever

What the club is proposing is that you pay for any game that can be played in front of spectators twice. Once through the S/T and again when those tickets are put
on sale. If that is the case then I shall be asking for a full refund and I'll take my chances on getting a ticket for any games played with spectators present.

I have received a very polite reply from the club saying that if spectators are allowed in those who have donated their S/Ts would get a free ticket via ballot and subject to capacity restrictions. No guarantees but no cost.

I would therefore urge anyone who can afford it to donate their S/T and euro Q/F tickets

Well, that's certainly not what was said originally. The club has more u turns then the government!

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2020 23:35

As a ETC ST holder, the 25% refund/donation amount is £115.00.

I was considering leaving the refund in my ticketing account (Exeter Rugby's bank account) to be used against future ticket purchases, but I am unsure how many games there would be the opportunity to buy.
Apparently if left in my account, it could be used against a 2021/22 season ticket cost.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net