RWC 2003
Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 20 July, 2020 21:29

England games being shown on ITV4 this week......just watched the victory over Georgia.....thoroughly enjoyed it

I drink and forget stuff!

Re: RWC 2003
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 14:47

I prefer the lineouts back then without the silly lifting, which is both dangerous and ruins a competitive part of the game, but not sure the collisions in the scrum were something I'd like back. Happy days when we won something(and even Tigers had 8 players in the squad and we used to win things too).

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 21 July, 2020 20:34

There certainly were some hits! I tend to agree regarding the line out. Tigers certainly had a good representation......Iím currently watching the game v the Boks.....in fairness England look good and played some good rugby.....I have to admit to forgetting a lot of it.......but SA really took it to England .....Martin Johnson was immense and Jonny Wilkinson.......awesome!

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: mommentum (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2020 12:31

Quote:
tigerburnie
I prefer the lineouts back then without the silly lifting, which is both dangerous and ruins a competitive part of the game, but not sure the collisions in the scrum were something I'd like back. Happy days when we won something(and even Tigers had 8 players in the squad and we used to win things too).

Tigers had a lot of players in the last world cup squad

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 26 July, 2020 10:20

Itís weird, I know the results but still get nervous when England went behind, particularly against Samoa!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net