Confused
Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2020 16:32

With the deadline tomorrow i'm still confused on what to do.

If I donate my refunds to the club I would get first refuse for tickets (In a ballot) for the remaining games. But as all Prem games will be completed In October and the Euro Q/F in September what are the chances of supports being allowed in.

Different views would be appreciated

Re: Confused
Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2020 16:53

Very limited imo.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2020 17:20

If you donate your refund then you will get into a ballot for a free ticket for any games that are played with spectators. However, realistically, this is most unlikely to happen, as Toomanychiefs says.

It's just that the government keeps changing the rules about what you can do and when so they may change the rules about spectators.

You will also be recognised as a sponsor for next season and get your name in the first programme.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 23 July, 2020 17:37

Limited numbers if any at all .....I opted for a refund which will go towards beer vouchers when and if we do actually get to return for live Rugby!
I’m sure many would like their name in the program and it will be a nice souvenir for some.......doesn’t interest me personally

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: big chopper (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2020 06:05

I must admit I toyed with the three options long and hard. Pros and cons etc.

As far as I can see, the only option with a guaranteed outcome for me is a refund.

Date: 24 July, 2020 09:18

Quote:
big chopper
As far as I can see, the only option with a guaranteed outcome for me is a refund.

You're absolutely right; but the option to donate was something that the club gave in response to people asking how they could help in the COVID situation. The listing as a sponsor etc is the Club's way of publicly saying thanks, like JS I'm not personally that fussed about being acknowledged, just pleased to know that I have done something, however small, to help to keep the club going in these extraordinary times.

Posted by: Mabolza (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2020 13:32

I have opted for a refund . I can’t help recalling Tony Rowe’s crass comment on television during the Flybe ticket furore earlier in the year. .

He said “ THE RUGBY CLUB IS NOT A CHARITY”

What goes around etc.....

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2020 15:40

Thank you for all your responses. Put in for a refund today.

Date: 24 July, 2020 16:49

Quote:
Mabolza
I have opted for a refund . I can’t help recalling Tony Rowe’s crass comment on television during the Flybe ticket furore earlier in the year. .

Agree Mabolza......that comment didn’t leave a nice taste in the mouth

Date: 24 July, 2020 16:55

Quote:
Exeforever
Quote:
big chopper

You're absolutely right; but the option to donate was something that the club gave in response to people asking how they could help in the COVID situation. The listing as a sponsor etc is the Club's way of publicly saying thanks, like JS I'm not personally that fussed about being acknowledged, just pleased to know that I have done something, however small, to help to keep the club going in these extraordinary times.

And fair play for that Exeforever.

Posted by: alphachief (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2020 17:48

Quote:
Mabolza

Don't think that was necessary.

Date: 24 July, 2020 18:24

Quote:
alphachief
Quote:
Mabolza

Don't think that was necessary.

That TR said what he did?

Posted by: WellyBathChief (IP Logged)
Date: 24 July, 2020 21:39

Evening All
After looking at all 3 options I put in for a refund a week ago for 4 HC 1/4 final tickets but have received no e-mail or other confirmation from the club. I appreciate sorting the refunds will take time but has anyone else had acknowledgement that they have applied for it?

Date: 25 July, 2020 06:09

Quote:
WellyBathChief
Evening All
After looking at all 3 options I put in for a refund a week ago for 4 HC 1/4 final tickets but have received no e-mail or other confirmation from the club. I appreciate sorting the refunds will take time but has anyone else had acknowledgement that they have applied for it?

From what I read on the unofficial FB forum, someone emailed the club with that question with the response being there will no acknowledgement.

Expect refunds, for those that chose them, around September 1

Date: 25 July, 2020 08:40

Can I just say also......

Very fair comments on here. Unlike the FB forum, no nastiness, no willy waving.

I, like most on here, respect everyone’s choices, decisions and circumstances.

Date: 25 July, 2020 11:29

From the Offy on July 10th:

"OPTION THREE

Refund - A full refund, paid to you automatically via your original payment method, paid by September 1"

Also:

"If we do not receive any response by 5pm on Friday, July 24, this will result in the club retaining the monies paid for these tickets as a donation to the club on the basis that the consumer retains the option to request a credit up until 5pm on August 31.

As we will be fulfilling a large volume of requests, we politely ask that supporters use the form only. "

There isn't any mention of an acknowledgment.

HTH

Posted by: dan1978 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 July, 2020 16:52

how hard is it to acknowledge a request and show a bit of gratitude! I support the team 100% but the way the club conducts itself regarding costumer service leaves me disappointed in the club sometimes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net