Home Semi Booked
Posted by: thechiefstribe.com (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 18:47

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: Home Semi Booked
Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 23:00

I do think that it will be very wrong if a side that has radically reshaped either its playing or coaching staff during "lockdown" then goes on to win the Premiership. I would have preferred the season to be stopped at the point of suspension of play with either no Champion or Exe being awarded the title with an asterisk against it for the abbreviated season.

Bath, in particular, has gained an unreasonable advantage by the introduction of Spencer and Hatley; Wasps have benefited from the months off for Blackett to inbed his methodology, Sale have gained Tuilagi and Sam Hill's insights into our playbook. Only Northampton, of the playoff contenders, seem to have gone backwards. None of the possible outcomes resulting from these occurrences seem to me to be fair or right.

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 10:33

As I said on another thread, the season got restarted due to .

REgarding player movements...I did think there was an argument for automatic contract extensions till the end of the current season, but whether the players involved would have found that acceptable I'm not sure.

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 12:10

Quote:
ExTeddChief
As I said on another thread, the season got restarted due to .
REgarding player movements...I did think there was an argument for automatic contract extensions till the end of the current season, but whether the players involved would have found that acceptable I'm not sure.

Agree with the above and if a moving player had already bought, or agreed to rent, a property in their new location then expecting them to remain at their previous address would be difficult to enforce but perhaps they could have been forbidden to play for their new club during the remainder of the current season. Mid-season transfers are not something that rugby normally tolerates, for obvious reasons; hence, in part, the mess with Northampton and their props.

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 13:49

Maybe one of the conditions of a contract extension could have meant they'd be put in temporary housing at the club's expense...that's probably the only way to make it work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net