Format for next season....
Posted by: Bluebuthappy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 18:09

Has anyone heard any rumours on the format for next season, if and when it gets underway?
The logical thing would be to scrap the Cup competition and just have the League in a shortened season. Be nice if they could get a start in December. For most clubs in the Championship, Social Distancing wont be a problem except when the Blues Army is in town winking smiley

I've always been opposed to Ring-fencing, but I think with the widespread disruption from Covid I wonder if a one year moratorium on Promotion / Relegation should be considered, to allow clubs an albeit shortened season to regroup without an extra pressure. It would also mean we have Sarries for 2 seasons to help other clubs bolster their attendances, which would be nice.

RFU might implement it for lower leagues but somehow I canít see Sarries being held back an extra year even if they have been very naughty boys. I predict a One Up, None Down with regard to the Premiership.
That would mean uneven numbers in the Prem & Championship the following year but the RFU will claim it aids player welfare with one club having a rest every week.

Re: Format for next season....
Posted by: TryBlues (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 22:48

I believe the hugely popular cup competition will be cut.

Re: Format for next season....
Posted by: Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
Date: 25 June, 2020 20:48

Lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net