Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Teams for Tiggers game
Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 14:59

Think i woyld have taken a bonus point from the game. We just need to try and score as many tries as possible.

We are obviously on the receiving end of a lot of pent up frustration from the Leicester players.

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 15:11

Itís either two fantastic attacking teams or two woeful defences!

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 15:16

This is like a game of 7ís
But with 15 a side

Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 15:31

A Try Bonus Point - I would have taken a point before the game. Close for a second BP though
Sounds like Carley has forgotten his cards, persistent penalties from Tigers

Posted by: Xanderman (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 15:48

I think Carley was 10x better than Ian Tempest last week. A defensive mare by both teams, there are some good things to take away and a lot to work on, a point is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 16:04

Taka had a try disallowed too i gather!

Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 16:17

On the whole Carley was fairly consistent in my opinion.

I believe that he bottled the Taka try by not giving a penalty try......as he sends a player to the bin for being on the wrong side a metre out...if he was onside Taka scores easily for me.

Home team advantage!!

Posted by: AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 17:11

Disappointed with that defense needs to improve. smiling smiley

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 17:30

Quote:
Wensleydale Falcon
On the whole Carley was fairly consistent in my opinion.
I believe that he bottled the Taka try by not giving a penalty try......as he sends a player to the bin for being on the wrong side a metre out...if he was onside Taka scores easily for me.

Home team advantage!!

on TV you could clearly see a well known Falcons coach mouth something then bulls and manure

Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 18:06

That would have made it a six point game and then anything could have happened.
First 20 minutes cost us though, but we still had many opportunities to score in the 2nd half.

Posted by: trummy200 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 18:55

Thought it was a great game to watch - ref seemed to have a decent game - perhaps Toby gave too much at Kingston park last week. As above the first 20 min was a killer but Falcons at least came away with a point and could easily have been two. I think Newcastle caught the rebound from the trials and tribulations that Tigers have gone through this week

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 September, 2018 19:03

I havenít seen it yet but Radio Leicesterís one eyed pundits reckoned it was a try!

That said they also said there was clear obstruction when two Falcons cleared a path for the try scorer in a previously awarded try.

I couldnít believe the first 30 minutes and couldnít wait for full time in the second half. I thought you were going to do it again.

Have a great season

Posted by: Pool_falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2018 04:02

I honestly don't know what happened to us in that 1st half, it was pure carnage. We missed tackle after tackle and Tigers were just walking though us. If that wasn't bad enough, we missed touch, gave intercepts and made numerous unenforced handling errors.

On the plus....we fought back in the 2nd and the scrum held up really well again.

Posted by: exhooker (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2018 06:22

If that's got the bad half a game out of our system then better now than later. I shall be watching the TV Worcester v Sale with great interest, reckoning that whatever happens we shall be 12th tonight. Onward and upwards!!

Posted by: pa8 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2018 06:41

Toby Flood had a bit of a mare and Matavesi and Hammersley were woeful in defence. That said, having conceded a point a minute in the opening half, to put ourselves in a position where we could have won it speaks volumes for the spirit of the side. Still canít understand why a penalty try wasnít awarded when their full back went to the bin. Their fans still canít understand why they let Goneva go. The shouts of ĎKeep it away from himí and groans whenever he got the ball said a lot.

Date: 09 September, 2018 14:32

Not a great 1st half from Worcester at Sale, this is a big game for us early in the season (a place where we normally struggle).

Posted by: pityacker (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2018 14:45

A Sale win and depending on points difference we could be bottom tonight sadly.

Posted by: upwardonward (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2018 15:19

Just some IMO's.
An intercepted throw, cost 7 points.That happens.
A penalty kick to touch 3 mins to half time missed and they then go up to score 7 points.Hmm
Missed penalty kick for for goal in first half as well cost 3 points.Hmm.Wow they all add up at this level.Toby really does need to up his game v Worcs.
I have to say first half was just a combination of mistakes made by players,and Leics at their best,fired up by the crowd and thier loss of DOR.
Second half we looked like the team we know we are.Phases, making yards, clinical at the set piece, getting the ball through hands to Sinotti and Goneva.

Please start Taity,he brings so much more power to the running and tacking than Hammersley and is one of the best under the high ball we have.

Also IMO I do prefer a Welch,Graham and Wilson back line, using Chick from the bench.GG really needs some game time and we need his starting power IMO.

Really think the guys will be up for it at Worcs.We need to start strong and stay strong.
Wont be easy but we should be like trapped Wasps after the last 2 weeks and I really think we can do this.
Johhny Williams for Harris I would also consider.
COYF.

Date: 09 September, 2018 15:25

Agree on Chick, he's not adding that much apart from missed tackles. Graham looked like he had dildos for fingers when he came on but is a class act when in form. Wilson was again, excellent, but Welch quiet I thought

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2018 15:26 by Pool_falcon.

Posted by: Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2018 18:26

Even tho we are only two games in the significance of needing a win at Worcester is important. How long are the likes of Welsh and cooper gonna be out for we need them back ASAP

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net