20 Callum Chick

21 Sam Stuart

22 Joel Hodgson

23 Tom Penny

Re: Falcons v Exeter teams Fri 21 Sept
Posted by: Falc Dancer (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 10:50

No Goneva or Sinoti makes our wings look bare
Good to see Brocklebank starting, he’s looked good in bits and pieces although Mavinga has been in great form
Our back row looks it’s strongest in my opinion

Posted by: steve1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 11:14

Surprised no Goneva, sinoti or Radwan hope none serious injuries but Tait is reliable and Arscott decent, shows strength in depth I guess. Good back row selection.

Exeters squad is bloody strong and some line up on the bench for them even but nothing to lose and we've beaten them before.

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 11:31

Curious selection this week.

Posted by: Wensleydale Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 11:32

Regardless if the absent players are injured or being rested it shows that we now have some serious depth in the squad.
A real opportunity for the players getting a chance on Friday to nail down a starting spot.
Balls in their court.!!

Posted by: AFalcon24 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 11:35

It's going to be tough whatever team we put out, on TV this one. smiling smiley

Posted by: pityacker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 12:28

Never confident playing Exeter they took a stronger team than this one apart in the semi final and apart from our close win last season they have been a bogey side for us virtually since they got promoted but looking forward to the game and fingers crossed for a decent result.

Posted by: lizard118 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 12:50

A good squad but would've liked to have had one of Sinoti or Goneva as they tend to give us a different dimension, especially when we have to twick some of our plays to keep the opposition honest. You always know what you're getting with Tait and he never let us down.

But that Back row is a match for any in the league and I think we can get on top here. Should be interesting to see Brocklebank starting but he'll have his work cut out against Harry Williams who's a huge lump.

Posted by: Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 13:07

It’s going to be a tough game. Whilst we do have some good attacking options, the loss of key individuals leaves us lacking the ‘teeth’ to kill off this one. Exeter are on top form and have a great squad. If I was a Chiefs fan reading our selection I would be very happy .
Whilst our aspirations of top 4 leave us wishing/expecting to win all our home games, maybe there is method in the madness of leaving them out of this one which on paper we are unlikely to win and save them for matches such as sale where bonus points and wins are more likely.

Posted by: lizard118 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 13:25

What's happening with Kibirige. I'd have him there, but not even in the 23. Surely he's not injured is he?

Posted by: GeordieFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 13:47

I wonder if the weather has influenced the back three?

All those play full back aswell and will be geared for the weather conditions?

Just a thought.

Posted by: Doddie's tartan trews (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 16:52

I can see the thinking behind the changes. no point in risking any niggles for longer term injury.Also i think its been clever rotation making sure everyone gets game time at start of season as they will all be needed soon enough and it keeps the squad fresh. good to see the fighting for places trade off. would love to get two points against the machine that is Exeter but would prefer 5. oddly i think bad weather suits Exeter more than us.

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 17:29

I suppose if Goneva and Sinoti have niggles or illness it's best not to risk them. I'd love us to repeat last season's home win but I'm not confident.

Posted by: Marco19819 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 18:39

It seems odd to suddenly not play radwan? I suppose you have to get these guys into the season amd yes, its a good point, you essentially have 3 full backs. Our spine is the same and the back row is a total nightmare to play against.

I think brocklebank looks fantastic. He made a few HUGE hits last week apparently. Emptied fa'osaliva i think.

Posted by: Andy Mac (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 19:19

Is Kyle cooper injured or just behind mcguigan and santi?

Posted by: Exeforever (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 21:06

Chief in peace.

The back row battle looks really choice. Both sides putting out players of international calibre. Sorry that neither Goneva nor Sinoti are playing, Cuthbert and Cordero are both real quality and it would have been good to see them all playing each other. No disrespect to Tait in particular however, who has always been a thorn in our side when we have played against him in the past.

Sorry not to be able to make it to the 'Toon' but looking forward to a good and close game.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 06:11

Quote:
Andy Mac

Kyle is on his way back after an operation, due back into the team during October.

Posted by: alas (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 09:21

Sinoti and Goneva both scored in last season's victory over the Chiefs and I fear they will be missed.

Posted by: Falcons_Thunder (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 10:30

Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
Andy Mac

Kyle is on his way back after an operation, due back into the team during October.

Kyle could be one handed and still our best hooker. In fact he’s prob one of the best hookers in the premiership

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net